• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Little help...need this spacer for my bumper

See the red arrow, I need the driver side spacer for my bumper. I took them off to clean them and realized one was missing. I am not sure if there is a right and left, so not to be confusing I have the one on the passenger side. Note also there is surface rust inside the bumper...the chrome is not terrible, what are suggestions to remove rust and paint without disturbing the chrome side? Thanks in advance!!

post-9373-13667589864626_thumb.jpg

'76 2002 A "camo blue"

'73 2002 A Chamonix

'71 Airstream Globetrotter

'72 2002 A Verona-crashed then stolen

2007 Toyota FJ

i spray the inside of all my chrome bumpers, including the side pieces and the insides of the over-riders with underbody spray. i sand em down if they're rusty just enough to clean up a bit. any overspray can be wiped off with mineral spirits.

then i use anti-seize on the bolt threads. i'm tempted to spray the bolts too. i'm dealing with a bunch of rusty bumpers at the moment. they just don't hold up very well, and rarely am i able to reuse the bolts.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

I have a driver's side block for you. Email me. There is a right and a left block.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

I probably have an extra one lying around, I can dig for it if you want. I think you can run without it though.

Sorry I cannot find one in my pile 'o stuff...hopefully someone else has one for you

70 M2 2.5L