• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attaching Rocker Panel Molding - Advice Needed

Guest Anonymous

OK,

My clips are correct and new. They are white, not tan.

I think I did a better job installing this time, following Esty's instructions.

I attached the front metal clip with nut and supported the back end with appropriate height of 2x4s. Then I marked the trim so I knew exactly were each clip was.

Starting from the front clip.

I made sure that the top edge of the trim was pushed in and firmly down onto the clip and then pushed the bottom in. I then felt and heard a very nice click into place. I did not hear this the first time I installed it.

I did this for each clip and felt/heard a good click when it snapped in to place. The difference was in how hard I pushed in and down to get the top edge of the trim onto each clip, before popping the bottom in.

I am feeling confident about the permanence of this install and will report back to this thread if I have a failure.

I echo the directions above.  I just put my rocker panel trim on and it's snug, tight and I am happy.