• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OT: China earthquake--this FAQer's OK

You may have heard about the 7.8 earthquake in Sichuan Province, China, on Monday. We're about 350 miles from the epicenter, and local reports put the effect here at a 4 or 5 magnitude. It shook things pretty well for two or three minutes, but there was no noticeable structural damage; we had a pleasant afternoon and evening outside with our students and were allowed back inside this evening. Please be thinking of the folks nearer the epicenter, though, including many of our students' families--things sound pretty bad there.

-Dave

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

crazy stuff. I had not heard about it but glad to hear you are alright.

freakish weather since the turn of the century. excessive hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis and flooding all over the world and in parts where this kind of activity is not typical.

Shifting of the Axis?

Global warming?

Government messing with HAARP? :)

Stay safe all.

The crazy weather is proof of global warming that we ourselves have done over the last century but going green is too late... But, I'm glad you guys are alright... But, I pray for those that are enduring the loss of life...

Hmm the end of the world is coming soon anyways. Wars reports of wars, changing weather blah blah blah... you know what its here nothing we can do about it. But, pray :)p

74' malaga automatic 2002, ST 22mm & 19mm sways, Bilstein HD H&R Racing Springs, 40/40 weber, Petronix ignition, 320i Radiator, urethane, Ireland big brake for front and rear, Kevlar race pads.

Les is probably ok if he is in Qinghuangdao. Some shaking here, but I didn't feel it.

Cheers,

Ray

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Saw some of the damage on tonight's news. I fear for the families in isolated rural areas.

Glad you're safe.

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com