• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Summer time, time to put my 02's in storage!

dubois

I just couldn't resist! We are having a heat wave in the Bay Area, triple digit temperatures (F) for a few days. Probably will be heading out to Brisbane real early, to avoid traffic and heat. M10's don't like breathing dry hot air, so it is going to be a grueling drive back! A/C is a wonderful invention...time for my E36's until this blows over...

standard.jpg

FAQ Member # 91

We have been cool & rainy here. Mine's in the shop for new hoses, fuel line, and alternator rebuild, so far. Things keep turning up. Gotta get ready for the trip to Winston-Salem at the end of this month. Triple digits will come in July/August in OH.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Guest Anonymous

Hey Michael, Great photo of the '02. As you know, looks much like mine in a different season. Is the weather on the West Coast aways perfect, if not occasionally too hot? Your California grill is now transplanted, with j hook operational, in my car and is a big improvement. Thanks again.

Regards,

Roger

'72 Malaga

I just couldn't resist! We are having a heat wave in the Bay Area, triple digit temperatures (F) for a few days. Probably will be heading out to Brisbane real early, to avoid traffic and heat. M10's don't like breathing dry hot air, so it is going to be a grueling drive back! A/C is a wonderful invention...time for my E36's until this blows over...

I second this! Mine's been in the garage since Wednesday, its too hot for it outside. 100F sun = cracked 02 dash and rubber. The drive back from the 02 swap will be ugly, espically for you going to Hollister through the "death valley" of the bay area ie South San Jose to Gilroy! I come back through there from Montery every August (Concorso and Festorics) and I frequently sweat it out and lose 5lbs each trip in the 1600. I plan to either leave early, like 12, or go up to SF until the evening when the sun is setting to go back.

Jeff
1975 Alfa Romeo GT1300Junior w/1600 transplant (I'm still stuck on 1600's LOL)
2006 M3 White/Red - Orig Owner,6spd,ZCP, sunroof delete
SOLD 1967 1600 #1517644 "Florida"/Brown w/sunroof, SOLD 1968 1600 #1564660, RIP 1970 1600

hey, only predicted 83 degrees in Brisbane tomorrow. but will be 95 in Concord

Bob

BMWCCA #4844 (#297 of The 308)

1974 2002 Sahara, MM 2400 Rally engine, MM 5 speed and conversion

1976 2002A Anthracite parts car

1991 525i AlpinweiB II

2002 330ci AlpinweiB III

2007 530xiT Titanium Silver