• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A BIG THANKS TO JP OF BAY AREA '02!

cj

It was great to see everyone at the Brisbane show.

All new venue with a greater enthusiasm for the vintage BMW's

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was AWESOME! Thanks JP!

Bob

BMWCCA #4844 (#297 of The 308)

1974 2002 Sahara, MM 2400 Rally engine, MM 5 speed and conversion

1976 2002A Anthracite parts car

1991 525i AlpinweiB II

2002 330ci AlpinweiB III

2007 530xiT Titanium Silver

Yup. that was cool. Great cars,great people. Hey CJ, I'm having roadkill for dinner.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

A great Day for sure- 5th gear at 5:15 this morning.

Early bird gets the Buggy grill.

The rice fields are oh so buggy at sunrise and sunset.

Always nice to see old friends- make new ones-

and also put a face and a 1 on 1 conversation to a name.

Of course already looking forward to next year !

It was hotter than Haites driving back up 505.

Thanks to all who helped put on the show and donated to the raffle.

post-524-1366759020994_thumb.jpg

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

Dang, you made great time!

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

a hearty thanks to all those who pulled this event together. i enjoyed bringing a newcomer into the fold (my friend's teenage son) and showing him what is possible. he even won a set of wiper blades for his 02.

judging from another post, it seems like the caravan from sacramento was a sprint to the end. our caravan from marin was more like a funeral procession, must have been a sight for those driving by. what a gas to finally drive my project car after putting it under wraps for the past year. now i need to update my project blog and fix the slow electric drain.

looking forward to next year.... will bring more sunscreen and maybe some swimwear or steal armond's canoe.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

"our caravan from marin was more like a funeral procession"

hahaha...that's classic Jerry! It was fun though. JP Cadoux was inhaling all the white smoke from my car.

Unfortunately, it will be difficult to bring the canoe since it's longer than the 02....maybe I'll paddle it to the Brisbane.

It was nice to see a growing number of Filipinos in the 02 community. Rice Adobo and BBQ for next year...right Vinz

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

maybe I'll paddle it to the Brisbane.

That's what I meant ding dong.

It was nice to see a growing number of Filipinos in the 02 community. Rice Adobo and BBQ for next year...right Vinz

LOL, I went to Max's to pick up a to-go order of stuffed wonton, Shanghai lumpia, chicken, bisteak, garlic rice and while I waited, had a Halo Halo!

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

http://www.tallrite.com/LightRelief/hothades.htm

HOTTER THAN HADES

The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term exam for his graduate students. The answer was so "profound" that the professor shared it with colleagues, which is why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well.

It had one question:

"Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)? Support your answer with proof "

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools off when it expands and heats up when it is compressed) or some variant.

One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So, we need to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today.

Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all people and all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand as souls are added. This gives two possibilities.

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. Of course, if Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Ms. Laura Turner during my Freshman year, "that it will be a cold night in Hell before I sleep with you," and take into account the fact that I still have not succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then #2 cannot be true.

Therefore, Hell is exothermic.

The student got the only A.

AM_HotterThanHades_coverlg.jpg

Of course it could have been hotter than HAITI, but just less humid.

A great time. I greased up with sunscreen as I got out of the car. That stuff works, as the only burn I received was a 2 inch spot that I missed on my ankle...Oh and the other burn was from the carnitas burrito from lunch.

I chatted with so many people and missed a chance to talk with so many more. Barely had a chance to scan the swap items, never even got to to check out the cars (except for Derek's and Jmon's bug crusted grille).

A big thanks to JP for not letting the event die. He did pawn off a lot of jobs this year, but in the end he was still the driving force to make sure it happened. There were more people behind the scenes- most got thanked either in the event program or personally. I know I had people thank me even for the couple of jobs I did.

Was there something you liked? Something you didn't like? Let it be known so we might be able to keep it or change it for next time.

I liked the location. Had it not been in this heatwave, it could have easily been 50 degrees with fog or 80 degrees with sun. Can't control the weather. Maybe get a port-o-potty or two for next time. I don't now how keen the Marina folks were about all of us using their "private showers".

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes