• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A BIG THANKS TO JP OF BAY AREA '02!

cj

LOL, I went to Max's to pick up a to-go order of stuffed wonton, Shanghai lumpia, chicken, bisteak, garlic rice and while I waited, had a Halo Halo!

Good call on the Halo Halo. Perfect treat. Chicken at Max's is the best. It's Bistek not Bisteak..get it right.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bay Area Guys,

It was great to come up from SoCal and see how tight the community is up there, and it's clear to see why it's so tough for a newbie to get a tii, as 95% are living a happy existence up NoCal way (there are still a few down here at least!). Great to finally meet a lot of guys, and it was fun having John Barlow pull me around to meet so many great people - I believe he has sold cars or parts to 99.9% of the owners there! Some great cars, and great fabrication, JP Cadoux's car was serious cold steel, and so many others. We're very fortunate to live in a climate that is friendly to our beloved old machines. It is highly unlikely I'll see TWO cars with A4 injection at another meet, at least in the US. Great job, JP and really nice meeting you all.

Now of course, you are all expected to caravan down to LA in October!! We were talking up the show yesterday (the link is in at my signature) I'll make sure you guys get a great hotel rate! Thanks so much again you guys....

Jeff

Stay tuned for more of SoCal Vintage BMW
http://www.SoCalVintageBMW.com
BMW CCA Member #423513

CJ, I didn't even see you or your car! Time flew by and before I knew it, it was time to go! JP and volunteers deserve a lot of credit. Many other cars outside in the parking lot, like having two shows in one!

FAQ Member # 91

CJ, I didn't even see you or your car! Time flew by and before I knew it, it was time to go! JP and volunteers deserve a lot of credit. Many other cars outside in the parking lot, like having two shows in one!

I hear 'ya. I was looking for you later in the day so I could introduce you to a couple friends.

Maybe at a BBQ at your place.

I can see it now- "The Dubois Ranch '02 GTG"

Heck, I'll even come early to ride the lawn mower.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

Sunburn and higher than normal operating temps aside, I had a great time. Finally meeting up with folks that I have been communicating on this forum for years. The "Keith Richards" car made the trip up and back with no issues, go figure. Thanks to Barry for putting together the Sacramento drive (cannonball) and all those that made the event possible. I wanted to meet more of you (Dubois) who was parked right behind me. So many fantastic cars!!! Back in CA where I belong!

Best Regards, "Z"

Professionals are predictable; it's the amateurs you have to watch out for, you never know what they are gonna do!

Murphy was a Grunt

Bay Area Guys,

It is highly unlikely I'll see TWO cars with A4 injection at another meet, at least in the US.

Jeff

Which one did you miss? There were THREE A4's!

Jan's touring, Jay Kehoe's inka, and mine!

FAQ Member # 91

I had a great time at Brisbane, and I really look forward to the show next year too. Hopefully my car won't be the only car nosed in by that time (and by that I don't mean anybody else rear ends someone!). Unfortunately I left my DSLR at home in Marin so I won't even be able to see the pictures for another 3 weeks... Maybe I'll post them here anyway. :) The drive back down to Pomona was totally uneventful; the temp gauge stayed at about 2 o'clock the whole way but never budged, even at night -- going to go try to see what's up right now.

Hey Armond, my name's Marco, for the record :)