• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tail light anomoly - 12Volt constantly on blue/white wire

jerry

after languishing for the past 9 months under a tarp, awaiting the final touches, i finally got my Malaga project on the road. unfortunately, it has a slow battery drain.

i pulled the negative lead off the battery and jumpered the neg terminal to body ground and one by one pulled fuses. whatever pearl of wisdom this was supposed to reveal escaped my thick head....

anyhow, i noticed that the clear tail light bulb is hot all the time and has actually locally melted my plastic clear lense. i'm thinking this is the back-up lights, right?

my temporary fix is to disconnect the blue/white leads on both tail lights. any better ideas???? i'm an electrical idiot, so be gentle.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Pinched wire to/at the reverse light switch?

Cris

i was wondering about that. this is a 5 spd conversion and IIRC (been a while), i had to make an extension piece to make the distance to the switch. i'm thinking the access, after the fact is gonna be a killer. i'll look into this.

thanks.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa