• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

V in V -- Midwest Caravan...some last minute stuff...

If you're planning to join Jim (Sahara 75), Blunt and me (and hopefully others), please remember to bring an FRS (walkie talkie) radio to stay in contact during the drive. Makes caravaning, rest/gas stops etc much easier. If you don't have one, I have one or two extras to loan out.

We're departing from Dayton OH on Friday morning; if you want to join us en route, our planned itinerary is US 35 east to junction with I-64 near Nitro, WV, then I-64 through Charleston WV to the WVA (I-64/77) Turnpike. At the southern end of the Turnpike, we'll stay on I-77 through Wythville VA, into North Carolina to the junction of I-74/US 52 near Mt Airy. Then we go south on I-74/US 52 into Winston Salem. If this meshes with your route, drop me an e-mail and we'll work out a meeting point and time.

If you're joining us at the beginning, we're meeting at 7:30 am at the Bob Evans Restaurant, 3409 Seajay Drive, near the US 35/N. Fairfield Road interchange. Barring traffic jams and "unplanned automotive events," that should put us into Winston Salem around 3:30 or 4 pm.

Hope you'll join us--"getting there (by caravan) is half the fun!"

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

The Tamarack at the end of the turnpike is a great place to admire WV artisans work and have a bite to eat from the place there that is owned by the Greenbriar. The fried green tomato sandwich is to kill for.

The fuel stop at that rest area is just below the Tamarack building

Best to you Mother Duck and ducklings.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Wish I could join you guys but I don't have the "new" project running yet, nor would I try a trip of this distance if I did. Getting close chasing wires though.

I'm also not driving another german marque to this event. Hopefully I'll make it to Octoberfest and V in V next year.

John...I'll be in touch to get the engine after you get back.

Safe travels!

Mark C.

'74 Tii Atlantik

'74 Golf (RIP)

Ditto to Mike's message. Hey, Mark, if you live in Canton, you need to join us for our MW '02 gtg's. Send an email to: j DOT denker AT sbcglobal DOT net Tell me about your project: year, color, mods, plans for it, etc. Good luck with your '02-in-process.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Steve,

If I am not mistaken, HarryPR is picking Victor up, from the airport in Greensboro, too.(I think!)

You might email them both to confirm the airport and Victor's arrival time......maybe close to wifey's, if you need a back-up plan.

See you Sat!

Regards,

Randy Bryant

Elkton, VA

"To live life without belief is more terrible than dying...., even more terrible than dying young." Joan of Arc

"It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society." J. Krishnamurti

And Danjrusdug from Little Rock, AR is picking his wife up at the Greensboro airport at around 5:30 P.M....Busy airport for '02ers this weekend!

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

In the touring if you need it If you need my cell email me at mmpugh(at)earthlink.net

Know about Steve's wife and now Dans

nice to have a back up plan. i have to spend all week in an 02 with her so no sense in starting off on the wrong foot

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com