• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Turbo just got accepted to the Quail!!!

MikeG

My 1975 Factory 2002 Turbo was just accepted the Quail A MotorSports Gathering.

They only allow a 120 cars and 3000 spectators.It is already all sold out It is the hardest ticket in town to get on car week in the Monterey/Carmel area in August.

This is the first time any BMW 2002 has ever been allowed to participate in this prestigious Event.I am truely honored that they considered and accepted my car.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations on your car’s acceptance to The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering 2008! We are thrilled to have an exceedingly exclusive collection of cars on display and thank you for sharing your passion to make this event what it is today.

Please find the attached template for biography information and return to us in an electronic format along with high resolution photograph (Larger than 800 KB) no later than April 30, 2008. We are looking forward to each automobile’s history in The Quail Magazine which is distributed all over the world. Thank you for your work to make this event unique.

post-1684-13667590353681_thumb.jpg

post-1684-13667590355377_thumb.jpg

post-1684-13667590356841_thumb.jpg

1974 3.5 CSI {Possibly last car to come to the US}/ Jade Green/ Saddle Leather /Cover Car 1992 Roundel Magazine Numerous Awards/ Owned 35 Years

1973 TII  Matching #,s  Verona Red/Black

Mike,

How could you possibly even consider missing Concorso at its brand new, world class, state of the art site at the Marina Airport. Just think, all of the concrete, the wind off the Pacific, more concrete and the dust! Everyone knows it will be so much more enjoyable than Blackhawk ever was and none of us will be able to visit you at Quail since it is sold out.

Congratulations! You know an event is very exclusive when even a spectator can't get a ticket. The OC coupe and 02 group will see you on Saturday at Laguna Seca.

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

Great news. You will probably have the only car that drove there from home, without a trailer. You will do us 02ers proud. We will be outside the gates peering in and drooling. Beautiful car.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Thanks for all the kind words.This was a chance in a lifetime and with Concorso moving to the shitty Marina Airport,I had to do it.

As many of you know I am into Porsches as well and this year at THE QUAIL they are celebrating the 25th anniversary of the 959 Porsche.Two of the most famous 959 owners may be there,Bill Gates and Jerry Seinfeld

Bill----- Thanks for the mug shot.For you guys that have never met Carl Nelson [La Jolla Independant],that is him getting in the Turbo at Laguna Seca last year.I am sure there are a few of you that have spent your pay check with Carl more than once

1974 3.5 CSI {Possibly last car to come to the US}/ Jade Green/ Saddle Leather /Cover Car 1992 Roundel Magazine Numerous Awards/ Owned 35 Years

Michael Dubois---Gary and I raced up north again this year,but I couldn't take the Turbo as I discovered the Rear muffler was cracked at 5 PM on Friday afternoon.No time to get it fixed,so I had to take the old green slag heap 3.5CSI.Sorry I didn"t see you at the event

This really bummed me out as it was an 02 Event.I know what Blunt is going through as far as having trouble with his 02 right before there big Show this weekend

Yale-----The wheels are the BMW Factory Option 6/13 Mahle Wheels.They are pretty hard to locate and if you do they will cost you a pretty penny.Don't get fooled by the 5 1/2 x 13.They have to be 13/6 Please send me some pictures of your Turbo.What color is it?I can't get enough Turbo Photos.What is the Vin #?.Send them to mpgandco@sbcglobal.net