• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Turbo just got accepted to the Quail!!!

MikeG

Michael Dubois---Gary and I raced up north again this year,but I couldn't take the Turbo as I discovered the Rear muffler was cracked at 5 PM on Friday afternoon.No time to get it fixed,so I had to take the old green slag heap 3.5CSI.Sorry I didn"t see you at the event

This really bummed me out as it was an 02 Event.I know what Blunt is going through as far as having trouble with his 02 right before there big Show this weekend

Yale-----The wheels are the BMW Factory Option 6/13 Mahle Wheels.They are pretty hard to locate and if you do they will cost you a pretty penny.Don't get fooled by the 5 1/2 x 13.They have to be 13/6 Please send me some pictures of your Turbo.What color is it?I can't get enough Turbo Photos.What is the Vin #?.Send them to mpgandco@sbcglobal.net

Ah yes 6"s. I had 14" wheels on the car and thought it handled fantastically. Having switched those out for 13" bottle caps (5" wide) I have been surprised at the difference. However turning at parking speeds is much better. You have 6" at all corners?

More newbie questions: Don't really like the sound of the exhaust, it is is a turbo exhaust that sounds very raspy, like a rice rocket with a coffee can exhaust when accelerating, is this correct?

Richard has had some public Turbo woes, and I talked to another turbo owner, Ed in Pa. when I was there for Carlisle last weekend who has also blown his turbo. Have you kept the original one? If so how?

I'd be happy to email you a photo.

Thanks, Yale

congrats on this mike. what a great honor. ive never seen your turbo but i remember running next to you in your green coupe coming back from palo alto and thats a beautiful car. im sure your turbo is equally nice. have fun

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I can't get enough Turbo Photos.

Here are some from Germany you might not have seen yet. Enjoy....

banner_album.jpg

oldtimer_techno_classica_3222.jpg

oldtimer_techno_classica_3222_31.jpg

oldtimer_techno_classica_3222_39.JPG

oldtimer_techno_classica_3222_52.jpg

Here is a link to approx 600 other pics from the Tecno classica http://www.kfz-kultur.de/bilder/fotos/youngtimer/oldtimer/techno_classica_2008/index.html Great pics from FAQ member "Automobil2067"

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

• 2 months later...

I met Mike at Quail which one of the highlights of my every other year Monterey excursion. As a newbie Turbo owner and without much of a knowledge pool out here, (NYC area), it was great to see another car and ask questions. Thanks Mike! Best, Yale

I met Mike at Quail which one of the highlights of my every other year Monterey excursion. As a newbie Turbo owner and without much of a knowledge pool out here, (NYC area), it was great to see another car and ask questions. Thanks Mike! Best, Yale