• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from the great disconnekt!

robspeed

Just wanted to say im still alive, and to apologize for letting the COTM contests fall into disrepair. Been having a lot of emotional / coping issues, not to mention an extremely painful sciatic nerve problem, and am ***still*** trying to get out of Alabama. I also lost my free / stolen (wifi) internet connection until recently, which is why i havent been online for the last couple of months. Jenna is doing very well (will update teh blog next) on yet another new medication, and our hopes are high for a continued recovery. To add some 02 content, I got some permatext windshield (old)seal sealant to attempt to seal up the leaking seals (trunk is still leaking--also the cabin), but havent used it yet. Its been extremely painful to move around and I havent had the money to go to a doctor, which is why I am still in alabama and still havent done the seals sealing... My dad sent me some of his neurontin which he takes for peripheral neuropathy which works up to a point but the pain has merely changed from a sharp lightning-bolt nerve pain to a deep, almost torn-muscle (duller) type of pain (yet it still is a nerve problem). Car also needs an oil change, and all i could find locally (other than frams) is an STP oil filter. Hopefully these arent garbage.....

Rob, I'll send you the right oil filter if you email me your address. (j DOT denker AT sbcglobal DOT net) Move up here and hang out with the MW '02 guys.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

sciatic nerve problem. Those can literally be a real pain.

Jenna's progress is heartening...y'all have been on the prayer list at our church ever since Jenna's injury.

I'll echo Jim's invite--come up here to SW OH and join the SW OH 02 group.

cheers & continued prayers for Jenna

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Thanks Mike and Jim, I will be in indiana at SOME point this summer. I need to work on finding a winter car since I dont want to salt-rape poor lil Lisa come snowtime up there.

I sent you an email through the board, Jim, hopefully that will find your inbox. If not, let me know and i can try the "normal" way.. ;)

I am typing this sitting on a 5-gallon paint can, with the laptop sitting in a window on two more 5-gal cans picking up that elusive stray wifi signal from one of my neighbors. I know its not the next-door neighbors since they have AOL/dialup. Ive been using this signal for close to a year now on and off. Not sure why I mention that, just wanted to share (like my neighbor, kind of) I guess..... ;)