• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Different rims, Yay or nay?

I just put on some Alpina replicas on my car. They rub like hell but i think its cause i have 205 rubber all around. These or my old koseis?

replicasalpina.jpg

ozalpinas.jpg

alpinaoz.jpg

They stick out a bit cause of the 320i ET...and maybe also because its 15x7.

tiialpina.jpg

Old rims p.s. It's not that low anymore, although i think it looks a lot cooler this low.

otherside2.jpg

Ryan

-Ryan

icon.jpg

The bumperless wonder.

yeah alpina's for sure

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

don't really care for either of em, but firstly i would choose ones that fit without rubbing. how heavy is your steering with those 7" wide alpina fakes?

with my lowly and ubiquitous bottlecaps, an inch wider than stock. the steering seems even heavier than on my TR6...can't imagine another inch, especially when trying to parallel park.

I'd say Alpina reps but i know what its like driving around on them daily. If your lips/guards arent rolled, they will rub heaps and you'll just get sick of it. Mine were at the point where they were just OK but no way am i going to run 205's (need new tyres anyway)

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

i'm w/blue. the kosei's look better, but low and smaller i think look much cooler.

i have 14's currently on my car and when a lady in an escalade pulled up next to me my roof was at the door handle. I LOVED IT!!!

dave

Pittsburgh, PA

67.5 Datsun Roadster

72 2002 Colorado

89 325ix

99 318ti

04 x5 3.0

i'll give you my opinion only since you asked for input.

i prefer the non-alpinas as being less 'busy' looking.

i think both sets of tires look too big on these cars.

rims that big should also have 'spinners' to complete the look, and they should be chromed, too.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Hmmmmm...those Alpina copies have a vintage-look about them...wrong century if you ask me.

There's nothing worse than rubbing or cutting a tire that's too big -- dangerous, too!

Go back to the Koseis, get the ride height back where it was...looked like a winner to me. If you haven't got 175hp on tap to turn those big Alpina copies over, you're just wasting gas.

Delia

T012925A.gif

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

If you can get tires (195's I am thinking) that reduce rubbing, go with Alpinas. IMO, they are a bit big for the car tho.

If you can't stop the rubbing no matter what you do, I would go with a different set of rims entirely (maybe sell both of these to get what you want in the right size).

-Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!