• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Update on my new 72 tii and Highway 1 Trip!

bullmrkt

Hey everyone! For those that didn't see it, I flew out with my girlfriend in tow from Ohio and picked up Brian's (ibjettin) 72 tii this past Friday in San Jose. We headed up to san fran for the first night to begin our journey down highway 1 to LA where I will put it on a enclosed trailer and fly home! I'm writing this from San Luis Obispo. Next is Santa Barbara for the night then LA!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2404041&l=3b048&id=12417104

1972 Golf Yellow 2002tii "Heidi"

2007 Sparkling Graphite E92 Turbo with 3 pedals

400whp/440lb-ft "Princess" (GF named it that LOL)

Beautiful pictures Ian! It's great to see how much fun you are having on your drive down our beautiful Hwy1. It's a relief knowing that I will still be seeing Heidi on the board.

Best of luck to you, Emma and heidi ;)

Fior D' Italia is a great restaurant. I've been to their old location many a times.

Glad to see the car out on the road. Golf looks soooo good with the flares. Nice to see it going to yet another good home.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

Congrats on the new purchase, those views look familiar we just past through there a couple of weeks ago,

have fun with the car and Drive safe

post-211-13667591019187_thumb.jpg

FO 2573825

1971 2002, 5-OD, Recaro SE, BBK, 90Amp Alt, Turbines, VDO, Hellas, BD belts, LED Tails, 10 Foot DD

I'm writing this from San Luis Obispo. Next is Santa Barbara for the night then LA!

Where are you staying? How early are you leaving SB? I would love to swing by and see that beautiful 02 before it leaves California...Glad you are enjoying our roads, scenery, and weather. We feel blessed to get it all the time.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Can't wait to see your Golf tii! Come to think of it, we need to meet up in person for the 1st time. Looks like you're having a great trip. Enjoy.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

I'm writing this from San Luis Obispo. Next is Santa Barbara for the night then LA!

Where are you staying? How early are you leaving SB? I would love to swing by and see that beautiful 02 before it leaves California...Glad you are enjoying our roads, scenery, and weather. We feel blessed to get it all the time.

Just shot you an email with my cell # steve!

1972 Golf Yellow 2002tii "Heidi"

2007 Sparkling Graphite E92 Turbo with 3 pedals

400whp/440lb-ft "Princess" (GF named it that LOL)

"Heidi's" California Farewell Tour continues.....Progress report

Had a nice but brief visit with Ian, GF and "Heidi" in SB today. A quick car wash, long wait for lunch at "World Famous" La Super Rica Taqueria. Then, on their way to meet with Jack at JFPro in LA, to prepare and ship the car.

P6090351.jpg

P6090350.jpg

P6090353.jpg

Fun meeting them.....Adios Heidi :(

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

Anybody have a set of the wheels on the Gulf sitting around? Or know where to track a set down?

IBJETTIN should have all the info http://my73tii.blogspot.com/2008/04/new-wheels-and-interior.html after all it was his car. I Believe that CJ arranged the group buy for the wheels (ROTAs). I am sure they will chime in soon.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

Anybody have a set of the wheels on the Gulf sitting around? Or know where to track a set down?

IBJETTIN should have all the info http://my73tii.blogspot.com/2008/04/new-wheels-and-interior.html after all it was his car. I Believe that CJ arranged the group buy for the wheels (ROTAs). I am sure they will chime in soon.

Man, what did i do!!! I'm nuts for selling... I need to get into another REAL quick ;)

As far as the Rota's... This were not part of the GB since the rear were 8" wide. I'm sure Cris (CJ) still has a set for a non flared 02.