• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you ever regretted anything the next morning?

Well, my mom always told me if you have to think twice about something, don't do it. There may be some truth to that but, rest her soul, I move away from her teaching.

Not long ago, I bought a sun-visor from a person who responded to my post to buy one. He sent it in due time, the visor was as advertised and I sent him the money as we agreed.

When he received the check he would not cash it because I left an "L" out of his name and I over-payed him .93. I asked him to take a pen and insert the L but he said he did not have a pen in the house to do so. He says he tore up my check, he sent me a scan of it as his proof.

Well, I get a reminder from him today 19 June, that I had not sent him the replacement check, he was right. Life is dealing our family a little speed bump right now and I was remiss. I respond to his email that I would send the check tomorrow 20 June, and I would have.

He proceeded to respond to that e-mail that he needed a reason why I was tardy and he was going public about my tardiness. Now I am POeed about he needing a reason and threatening me.

So, I am being childish and jumping into his "hardball" game. I have asked him to send me the destroyed check, pay my bank fee for a stopped check and proof that the check I sent to him was "un-cashable" as he claims because of one letter omitted from his name.

Childish yes, but he is catching me at the wrong time.

No responses needed from the members of the message board, he is free to add to or correct any facts posted here.

My name is Bill Williams and live in Maryland.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thats being unreasonable. i dont think anyone will question your reputation bill. let it go.. but now that im here i feel the need to address the title of the post. there was this girl named randy. she was very cute and seemed nice. one day while she was napping at my house after 2 minutes of the most intense pleasure she had ever witnessed i went out and changed her oil. when letting the car down i had pulled the jackstand out but the drivers door was open and i let the car down and the door hit the jackstand. she said no big deal but i felt bad. a few months later i dumped her and 2 months after that she sued me for 1800 dollars to fix her pos honda. i offered to fix it at the time but she refused. so yes, i have regretted quite a few things

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

...he needed a reason why I was tardy and he was going public about my tardiness.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! That made my day. Seriously, tell this guy that we all finished with high school years ago and have moved onto life -- which is often uncertain. Sheesh. Yeah, go public -- we all know what a dirty bird you are Bill ;-)

I had a similar episode this week when I wrote a check to a guy named Toby and I misspelled it "Tony." He got his panties all twisted up, etc, but the bank accepted the check, of course. It was for this (wheee):

post-274-13667591302706_thumb.jpg

MichaelP

BMW_CCA Blue Ridge Chapter

'71 1600

'71 2800CS

'73 3.0CS

'91 318ic

http://www.crismanpetrus.us

You should have known that aho.gif is always spelled with a "L".... J/K

I will probably regret clicking "submit" on this reply tomorrow morning!

Your reputation is gold around here, Bill....no worries

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

I don't believe you have done anything wrong. You certainly didn't want him to end up with 2 checks that he could have cashed -and you paid him $.93 for the "trouble" of inserting a "L".

As for regretting anything the following morning...

Selling my '73 roundie

Selling my '88 535is

Selling my '89 325is

Selling my '68 2000CS

on and on...

P.S. Your car was beautiful at V & V!!!

'76 02 (Pastellblau - my 1st car - owned since 1992)
'04 330i zhp (Monaco Blue)

'07 328i 6spd (Titanium Silver)

'11 X3 (Alpine White)

Is the visor made of gold? The person is being anaily retarded. I think you are doing the right thing. You did forget but there is no reason to give an explanation for it. What were you sick from school and he needs a letter from the mom. Coorect me if I am wrong but you are the customer.

Guest Anonymous

Dear Bill: The majority of the time on this board, I am a lurker. Having read your post, I feel inspired to respond.

Mistakes happen all of the time. I suppose your seller felt as though he did you a favor by timely destroying your check and assumed you would return the favor with equal timeliness. Your post clearly explains your position and warrants no additional explanations. If the seller wants to think you deliberately delayed responding, let him. You did your best. Even if you guys agreed time was of the essence, you substantially complied.

You may just be overly sensitive, but so may the seller. Make good on your promise and be done with the deal and the seller.

Is the visor made of gold? The person is being anaily retarded. I think you are doing the right thing. You did forget but there is no reason to give an explanation for it. What were you sick from school and he needs a letter from the mom. Coorect me if I am wrong but you are the customer.

MeyerE30, I am not accepting your post. You wrote "anaily", which I don't recognize as a word in the English language. If you meant "anally", you sent an "i" I didn't ask for and owe me an "l". I decided to out you on this board because you also spelled "correct" wrong.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

Re: Have you ever regretted anything the next morning?

Um I live in NYC, I am not answering this....

O'wait this is about something else. Nevermind.

Bill no worries about reputation.

Issues happen between buyers/and sellers. Had one issue several years ago, and we both worked it out, even if it took months (eventually found out that my old employers mail room had misplaced the envelope that had his check in it)....

-Justin
--
'76 02 (USA), '05 Toyota Alphard (Tokyo) - http://www.bmw2002.net

I have a long list, little stuff, no big regrets.

My mom always said: ignorance is evil! A missing "L"? give me a freaking break! At least a thousand times I have deposited checks with my name either misspelled or missing altogether! Not having a pen in the house??? Well, the banks do!

Bill, don't waste your time, you are a good person, and btw I need to send you a check for the A4 air horns, let's see... two "l's in Williams, right???

Michael Dubious

FAQ Member # 91

My employer of 35 years misspelled my last name on my paychecks regularly. Maybe I should return the money... Seriously, anyone who follows this forum with half a brain stem knows you're a straight up guy. Keep your chin up, Bil...

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

When he received the check he would not cash it because I left an "L" out of his name and I over-payed him .93. I asked him to take a pen and insert the L but he said he did not have a pen in the house to do so. He says he tore up my check, he sent me a scan of it as his proof.

lol this part sounds like a joke. The act in the quote is rediculous in itself. It's amazing he refused to cash the check because of the extra 0.93. He could at least ask you if it's ok to cash it... And how could he not have a pen in the whole house? He has to go to the bank to cash the check right?

-Cody

'73 Deuce, the "Snailmobile"