• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you ever regretted anything the next morning?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bill, I once spent 7k in legal fees to collect the 1.5k damage my neighbor's cat did to my wife's convertible top so I am not one to let things go. It didn't really make me feel any better. The guy is a picklehead. Send him a check and put him in your rear view. Just not worth the time and after all the gyrations, you won't feel better either. By the way, I know a guy who wants to buy your door panels! Tim

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

Some people may say they regret it in the morning.... or you may say you don't even remember...

...but be honest, you know you would again.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Regretted anyhting the next morning?

Hahaha, I'm still a kid... about the only thing I regret is only once...

amen bother.

I've had great dealings with almost everyone on this board, so I guess I've dodged the bullet a few times...

Hell, I even got all my parts from Alonso!

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

One thing I regret is that I didn't look at my Arkansas drivers license 11 years ago when I moved down here and got one. It is proof that Arkansas is ranked 49th in education (thank God for Mississippi is the feeling down here). Anyway, here is how they spelled my name:

Duglas A. Depew

Does anyone know someone named Dug?

When it was time to renew I asked them to fix it. They told me that I needed my birth certificate or Social Security card to have that done.

Geez. I hope I remember to take my birth certificate the next time I renew.

ARKANSAS - The stait ov mispellins..........

Dug

'73 tii Atlandtick

One time, I flamed a guy here on the faq that had GIVEN me a nice 3pc dash. I didn't put his name and the FAQ handle (one and the same!) together! I felt like such a dip shit and still do. The guys name was Andrew and there was a thread about Coops CF group buy and,,, well..... UG.

I publicly apologized, but I didn't feel like that even came close to making it right.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Your responses lightened me up and I was ready to send the man his money when he sent me another e-mail asking me to "man-up" and send him the money.

Well, I am back to playing his "man-up" game again.

Dang, some people just can not be nice. (me included in this one)

You all know I will send the fellow his money, I have never stiffed anyone. But it is just a matter or what he will do about my request to send the "destroyed" check back or pay my "stopped check" fee.

bil writing with a black pen

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Find out what faq'er is near him, and have a sack of pennies delivered as payment.

Maybe mix some JBweld into the sack.

;-)

Cheers,

Ray

Your responses lightened me up and I was ready to send the man his money when he sent me another e-mail asking me to "man-up" and send him the money.

Well, I am back to playing his "man-up" game again.

Dang, some people just can not be nice. (me included in this one)

You all know I will send the fellow his money, I have never stiffed anyone. But it is just a matter or what he will do about my request to send the "destroyed" check back or pay my "stopped check" fee.

bil writing with a black pen

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Bill...You realize the seller actually did "out" you...Yesterday on the Parts Wanted forum...

(Oh...I should mention. the line in my sig is a reference to the CF primadonna who I had a fight with here last week...not to this matter,which actually is pretty comical)

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

ahhh i see, tis Ian Pringle. He's extremely thorough... just a case of two different attitudes toward business clashing together.

I think I did make out a check to him for like 60 cents over, for the sake of rounding up to 20 bucks. No problems there, and no problems with waiting a week or so until I could get the money sent out.

He's just gotta relax a bit, and you gotta make sure he knows you aren't serious. You DID try to send him a check, and thats what he should realize. You're not some bum.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

I had a similar episode this week when I wrote a check to a guy named Toby and I misspelled it "Tony.

Wasn't me. As long as the bank cashes it- and they always do-

it's no big deal.

Wish I had that car, though!

When we applied for a loan for a house,

they found no fewer than 8 different (mis)spellings of my name.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL