• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about Ventilated Brake Upgrade

blue7500

I'm looking on TireRack's site for '77 E21 rotors and there are two types of Brembo rotor listed: 9/77 and beyond for $23/ea, and 8/77 and earlier for more than double that. I'm assuming I want the earlier one, but I want to make sure. Also paying half as much would be nice. :) Also, I was comparing the prices for stock solid rotors for a 2002, and it showed that the slotted Ate rotors (with the "star" groove) were cheaper than the plain Brembos... Is this the case with E21s too? TireRack doesn't show the Ate rotors but I wonder if there's a retailer that carries them for less than $48/each.

Also, what's a good place to find rebuild kits for the Volvo Girling calipers?

Yeah, you want the earlier rotors...

www.fap99.com for kits, but whooooo doggies- they used to be $15!

Try Rockauto for a better price...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Bav Auto has the plain rotors for $44 each so a few bucks cheaper. I went with their slotted and drilled ultimate rotors, but they were about $80 each. I like the look though. Sometimes searching for 323i rotors gets you better results. They all used the vented rotor you need.

how bout 35 for Balo's or 52 for Brembo

check out carpartstogo.com

Make it different... or just do it differently

Bill in Petaluma, CA

1969 1600 supercharged m20 in progress

1970 2002 RIP -- crashed then quartered

1971 2002 M20/02 RIP -- nothing but pieces now

1972 2002 gone, but not missed POS