• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finnally Got My Car

Wise-Man

Hi everyone

After a very very long process I got my 02 home. Won't bore w/ the details in this post. Here are some pics. I plan on tinkering w/ her for a while to get her just right. More to follow.

I'm in Brooklyn NY. If any board members see me around be sure and say hi.

[/img]

post-5326-13667592600701_thumb.jpg

post-5326-13667592601214_thumb.jpg

post-5326-13667592601636_thumb.jpg

post-5326-13667592602148_thumb.jpg

post-5326-13667592602566_thumb.jpg

Chris

--------------------

1972 '02 Riviera

1972 '02 Charmonix (Deceased)

1997 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Bamboo -- 4 SALE

1998 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro S-Line Silver

Wise Man, Congrats! I'm upstate from you in westchester, not too far away. Shoot me an email, as the locals around thew area are planning a drive in the near future. It would be nice to have another car in the caravan.

Larry

ohlm79@aol.com

cool -- would love to chat -- christopher.m.wise@gmail.com

my car is gonna live in storage in the BX starting next week -- do not want to park on the street (my audi is f*cked for people "bumping" as they park)

Chris

--------------------

1972 '02 Riviera

That must suck.

You mean to tell me that if you have a nice car in the city that it will be destroyed in a New York minute. (the time it takes to leave your apartment and get mugged).

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that. Now I know the meaning of going Postal.....

You have a very nice car. I would park it in the BX too.

I don't know what a BX is but, it sounds like a safe place......

Nice, You should be very excited...

Penth, BX is THE Bronx. don't be so hard on us NY'ers, it actaully takes THREE NY minutes to get mugged! Nah, the city is great, I love it, get down there as much as I can. They don't call it "The Greatest City in The World" for nothin', ya know.

Larry (proud New Yorker)

Not ripping on you city folk.

Just don't know the facts. The New York minute joke was a quote from a Billy Joel song or was it the Eagles.

I would love to see your city. I don't do particularly well in the city but I do know it has a lot to offer.

I will visit soon as my Niece from Vail just graduated and is an interior designer in the big Apple. (She’s doing very well).

I have to have acres and no neighbors in between. I can handle the city till I feel the need to go Postal (This is coming from a UPS employee).

The good thing is, when we go Postal, we don’t go in shooting all of our employee’s, we take out management…… (We need our Co-workers to get the job done)….. :}

i HATE to see another original 'blue plate' lost forever... The license plates, not the car, per se...

i'm sure you'll treat it right for the next 2-3 decades, as the rarity factor out there must be worth the effort.

i wouldn't parallel park any Roundie if i could avoid it.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

i HATE to see another original 'blue plate' lost forever... The license plates, not the car, per se...

i'm sure you'll treat it right for the next 2-3 decades, as the rarity factor out there must be worth the effort.

quote]

the CA title and registration and conveniently "lose" the plates before visiting the NY DMV to register the car (tell 'em the plates weren't on the car when you got it, or that you left it on the street overnight and somebody stole 'em) - since the blue plates are original to the car, you'll be preserving it's history, not to mention having proof of is "provenance" as an original CA blue-plate car......

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

For some reason in NY they dont make you surrender the old plates. I guess they dont care.

I actually tried to register the car in CA to keep the blue plates but it turned into a pain. The CA DMV told me to mail in the title and my $25. "To whom shall I address the letter?" I asked. "Oh, just the DMV."

Yea right.

The last thing I want to do is try and get a replacement title from out of state.

FYI -- in anyone in NY has some 1972 plates hit me up. I still haven't take the car in and NY will let you register old plates that are period correct for the vehicle.

Chris

--------------------

1972 '02 Riviera