• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has used this carpet kit?

OldSkool

I have what I was told was an Only02 carpet kit. i bought it through someone on the board, who said it was only02. I was not impressed. very cheap quality, little to no effort to finish sewing ends and the like. dont have anything to compare it to really but that was/is my impression... just installed it the other day.

I've used it. The fit is good. Like Esty said, you have to find your own insulation.

I do like the color. Just make sure you copy the picture of the layout, so you know what piece goes where.

Here are some pics of my installation.

Ken

post-2706-13667592662816_thumb.jpg

post-2706-13667592663884_thumb.jpg

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

I have what I was told was an Only02 carpet kit. i bought it through someone on the board, who said it was only02. I was not impressed. very cheap quality, little to no effort to finish sewing ends and the like. dont have anything to compare it to really but that was/is my impression... just installed it the other day.

sadly, i'd have to agree with Rob's comments. i bought several kits a couple years ago and have only installed one so far. compared to the original Bimmer Parts Co salt n pepper kit i installed 12 years ago, this kit was a major PIA. Took me the better part of a full day to get it to sit right. ii remember the Bimmer Parts kit installed effortlessly and looked GREAT. pity it's no longer available.

it's very important to use padding with these kits to make them look full. there was no vinyl edging to help glue the kickpanel piece to the edge of the door opening. maybe his kits or quality have gotten better over the past 2 years. i did notice that his later kits have the openings for the pedal cut and stiched. i wasn't so fortunate with the kits i received. i had to slice my own openings.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

I just ordered a carpet set from only02 last week. Soon as it arrives, I'll give my $.02.

Kidasters , where did you get your coco mats from? I'm thinking of getting a set for myself. Are you happy with yours?

- Andrew Poon

IMG_5202-1-1.jpg

1976 2002 - Mintgrun

1986 535i - Bronzit

Those are authentic BMW mats. I ordered them through my dealer, and I love them. You can barely see it, but the driver's mat has a roundel on it. Here are the part numbers:

schwarz/weiß/black/white No. 51 47 0 307 526

schwarz/blau/black/blue No. 51 47 0 307 527

beige/braun/beige/brown No. 51 47 0 307 528

They were stupid expensive, but I had a $100 off coupon, so they only cost me $48 bucks.

Ken

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

Here is a picture comparing the quality of the mid grade (not nylon) World Upholstery carpet and an old Bimmer Parts Ultimate carpet kit that was removed from a car under restoration. The bimmer parts kit looks as if it was installed by a complete idiot so it looks worse then it should....

The quality of Chris Willets carpets are not bad for the price. If you want to get a carpet that is better quality you will have to pay around double what he asks for... I'n not a fan of the carpets from auto interiors although there service is very good. I found thier carpets to be a little too thick and look like something you would see in an american car. The service from World Upholstery is top notch but since all of thier items are made to order you may have to wait a few weeks. World Upholstery will also make a 2002 carpet set in the sqare weeve wool carpet but it is about $550.

IMG_3521.jpg

...do you wash your underpants while wearing them in the shower ? (C.D. - 5/28/2009)

I've just installed an only02 kit and i think FOR THE MONEY it is a great kit and Chris is a top bloke to deal with. Granted, there are probably better quality carpets out there (in terms of materials used) but you pays your money. I didn't have any problems fitting the kit, finding each part well finished and a good fit, and the difference between the new and the old carpet is night and day. i am very happy. sorry i don't have any pics of it right now, will post when i do...

'73 tii arancio borealis - finished?!

'74 lux fjord - gone :(

'73 3.0csi polaris

I will also mention that I had the vinyl foot rest pad thing that goes under your heels come loose on me, the plastic thread tore from my getting in and out of the car, fairly quickly. I removed the piece from the car and used some liquid nails to stick the vinyl back to the carpet, putting a marble cutting board over the piece and three five gallon cans of paint on it to smush it down. Came out well, so far. its still sitting on the floor in the kitchen. Im hoping the result wont be tearing the carpet apart further (apparently i am hard on that area of the carpet) since there is no longer stitching that goes all the way through anymore. But hopefully the liquid nails penetrated pretty far and it has a lot to hold onto (wont just rip at the ends of the carpet loops). Another complaint I had is that the pieces that go along the insides of the doors, really at the base of the seats, wasnt quite long enough to cover the seat mounting flangey deal, the horizontal piece of steel there. If I stretched the carpet a bit, it just almost fit. Anyways it was a huge step up from the shredded rags i had in there previously, and it looks good from where I am sitting now (in driver's seat, in front of local wi-fi equipped library)........ ;)