• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did I bend anything?

FunElan

I feel like a complete idiot. I was pulling up in the driveway and I hit one of our columns with the right side of my bumper. It looks like it was moved half an inch backwards, and it moves freely up and down upon shaking it, just on the right side. What should I do????

TIA,

Matt

'68 Caribe 1600-1563167

Guest Anonymous

My condolences. First move the column, it has a lot of nerve jumping in front of your car. Sounds like your bumper mounting bolts may be dislodged from the bumper bracket, either where they attach to the car or to the bumper, or both. Could be a minor to medium sized fix depending on damage to the bumper, the bracket or frame rail. Good luck.

Roger

'72 Malaga

I feel like a complete idiot. I was pulling up in the driveway and I hit one of our columns with the right side of my bumper. It looks like it was moved half an inch backwards, and it moves freely up and down upon shaking it, just on the right side. What should I do????

TIA,

Matt

The bumper is designed to pull out of the bolt on the fender (there is a horizontal slot in the bumper tab, and sort of a rubber grommet). You can probably pull the bumper back out the 1/2 inch it was pushed in. The brackets are pretty puny. Then you can reattach the end of the bumper to the fender. Pull it until the holes line up again. Should be good as new.

Someone backed into my bumper once with their bumper hitch. (Girl on Cellphone in SUV). Tweaked and dented the bumper and euro license plate. Took it off and was able to pull and pound it back to almost new.

P6050302.jpg

P6050303.jpg

P6050306.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours