• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hello i am new in the forum and i have a question abaut my02

Sebas13.85

hello my name is Sebastian Graban i am from Uruguay and I have recently buy an 1970

2002ti with square back ligths and I am wondering if thats possible

because i read in somewhere that only after 1973 cars had square

lights, if someone can check my 2002 motor number is 1775238 and verify if

the year on the owner cerficate.

Tanks and sorry for my english it`s very rusty

I have a bmw 2002ti that i`m trying to restore

Sorry for my english that it`s as rusty as my bimer

hi amigo saludos desde uruguay

you know that I look this chart and the number that this one has does not appear there. I am wondering if this vin number is the same that the motor number? Because I think this car was assemble here in Uruguay and perhaps it has no vin number only motor number.

Jcorrea si eres de habla hispana te consulto a ti, quiza cuando fue armado aqui como muchos de los 2002 q hay en uruguay y a estos ultimos no les pusieron nro de chassis, puede ser esto? Osea el nro de VIN es distinto q el del motor

thanks, Gracias amigo

all 02s were originally manufactured with matching motor/chassis VIN numbers. Your number does not match any number series listed. Is the motor a 4 cylinder with 2 carbs?? The number does match a motor from a 86 325i 6 cylinder motor. Did you list the number correctly?

Welcome to the forum, I hope we can come up with an explanation. The chassis numbers are stamped just in front of the windshield on the inner wing panel. There should also be a metal plate riveted to the right inner wing panel with the VIN number. If it is a 1970 model is should have round tailights, unless someone modified it with square lights.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

750 2002s were assembled from parts in Uruguay (CKD, or completely knocked down) between January 1969 and April 1973. Annual production figures are as follows: 1969, 110; 1970, 270; 1971, 220; 1972, 100; 1973, 50. In addition, 58 1600s were assembled in 1967.

My list of chassis/engine numbers (they match on '02s) doesn't list anything in the 177xxxx range, but it doesn't list numbers for autos assembled outside of Germany (Israel, Uruguay, Portugal, etc) so I can't help with that. As for the square tail lights, it's possible that your car was repaired with a later rear panel (they interchange). That's not uncommon.

I visited your country in March, and saw a 1973 white 2002 in downtown Montevideo, near the cruise ship docks.

Felicidades de Ohio

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

mmm very intresting data you have i don`t know any 2002 fanatic from here that has the values o 2002 assembled here jajaj you are a guy that knows your busisness jejej

look I will look for the vin number when I could (because rigth now it`s on the mechanic for a problem with the steering system) and I confirm you guys the vin number.

well thanks for the help and saludos

Aqui tienes un listado muy aproximado de los 2002 ensamblados en Uruguay

http://bmw2002club.com/foro/index.php?topic=376.0

Con al ayuda de varios amigos de Uruguay, hemos llegado a la siguiente conclusión:

BMW 1600 (1967-1968) 1770001 - 1770058

BMW 2002 (1969-1973) 1775001 - 1775750

discretizando los 2002, tendriamos que:

BMW 2002 (1969) 1775001 - 1775110

BMW 2002 (1970) 1775111 - 1775380

BMW 2002 (1971) 1775381 - 1775600

BMW 2002 (1972) 1775601 - 1775700

BMW 2002 (1973) 1775701 - 1775750

De acuerdo con esto, tu 2002 fue fabricado en 1970 tal como consta en la carta de propiedad. El panel trasero debió ser modificado en algun momento y pusieron faros rectangulares, pero originalmente deben ir los redondos.

No se ensamblaron 2002ti en Uruguay, todos fueron de un solo carburador

Sebastian,

You will learn a little more about Uruguay VINs in this thread:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,292172

Also, notice that Bruno from Montevideo posted in there. I have traded emails with him a few times.

Thanks for the link, Randy. That is a great thread with a hugh amount of good information. I will have to bookmark that one. This should help explain the VIN numbering in Uruguay to Sebastian. Some of the numbers referred in that thread are just a couple hundred from his VIN.

Wow, I learn something new about these wonderful cars everyday.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

hello you kow I thouth that with the back lights and they put a panel from a ti because it`s exacly the same as the ones I saw on the web and also has the 2002ti logo that here in uruguay it`s not common, and the thing with the motor is that when I went to bought it the guy who sell it told me that it was change the admision and the carburator for one of a 2002 because the old owner don`t wont it.

Thank guys for the help I`m really grateful

Again sorry for my english I hope you guys can read it

A los compas latinoamericanos, miren yo se lo compre a un tipo q es un chanta y lo compro para venderlo y lo tuvo un año a la interperie oxidandose y bueno este me habia dicho q era un ti pero yo dudaba, pero el tema de la parte de atras del auto era lo q me tenia intrigado (yo igual queria un 2002 comun pq sino seria casi imposible para mi ak conseguir partes) y bueno el vendedor me dijo q el dueño anterior no lo queria con dos carburadores pq gastaba mucho y se lo hizo sacar y le consguio una admision de 2002 y un solex y ta, pero segun me dicen ustds nunca fue un ti derrepente lo q consiguieron fue un panel de atras con las luces y la insignia, bueno muchas gracias por aclararme el asunto ahora se lo q tengo. Saludos

A los compas latinoamericanos, miren yo se lo compre a un tipo q es un chanta y lo compro para venderlo y lo tuvo un año a la interperie oxidandose y bueno este me habia dicho q era un ti pero yo dudaba, pero el tema de la parte de atras del auto era lo q me tenia intrigado (yo igual queria un 2002 comun pq sino seria casi imposible para mi ak conseguir partes) y bueno el vendedor me dijo q el dueño anterior no lo queria con dos carburadores pq gastaba mucho y se lo hizo sacar y le consguio una admision de 2002 y un solex y ta, pero segun me dicen ustds nunca fue un ti derrepente lo q consiguieron fue un panel de atras con las luces y la insignia, bueno muchas gracias por aclararme el asunto ahora se lo q tengo. Saludos

Lo que es mas comun en Uruguay, es encontrar cajas de 5ta en estos 2002, imagino que el tuyo debe ser de 5 cambios, con la primera abajo? Sube unas fotos para verlo

Si es correcto amigo es con caja de 5ta y unos cuantos ak tienen la misma caja con la primera corta, las fotos realmente no creo q las ponga pq me da verguenza desp de ver las suyas jeje, es q al auto recien lo compre y por muy poco, es en realidad un proyecto voy a ver si en un mes cuando tenga mas dinero lo mando al chapista para arreglar un par de detallotes jejej. bueno amigos saludos y gracias por la ayuda denuevo

perdon la primera abajo devi decir sorry, ya q lo mencionas todo el mundo se confunde con esa caja mejor dicho yo todavia no me adapto bien el todo a los cambios asi pero esta bueno pq es diferente a los demas coches