• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

5.6 Earthquake in L.A. this morning

ingraham

I hope everyone else ik OK too.

Don't forget the drive next Sunday August 3rd.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~pchamaa/The%20Turkey%20Run.htm

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

Hey Guys thanks for the concern, I live in Chino right next to Chino Hills. It shook hard but since the houses are fairly new and not made of bricks there not much damage. You'll probably see store shelves that had things thrown to the floor on tv but it everything looks ok. First thing I came and checked was the Inka that I just finished restoring, need to tie some things down in case that happens again.

Joser

73 Inka - Sold it

1991 Porsche C2 - Modified

2005 Gas Guzzling Yukon

and I'm about fifty miles away from him, to the West in the San Fernando Valley. He says that there is a strong quake, and I didn't feel it so we waited about eight seconds until it hit here. It was fun in that I knew it was coming and that makes a big difference when a quake is not a surprise. A few things fell over.

I had my '02 outside in the big '94 Northridge quake and it was fine. If it had been in the garage it would have been damaged. I had many claims for cars/motos in the garage that were damaged by flying objects. The auto insurance pays as that is comprehensive coverage, not the homeowners. If you have Hagerty on your '02, there is an EQ coverage limitation, so I, like you, have to review that endorsement.

Definitely felt it in the Lake Forest / Irvine area (South OC) but luckily no damage here.

I did feel sorry for a couple of co-workers who were in the elevators when the earthquake hit. One of them was pretty "shaken" from their time in the elevator.

Andy W.

'72 Tii & '74 Tii

'88 M3 & '91 318is

I was playing outside with my girlfriends 4 year old daughter. She had no idea what was going on. It was not that bad. The Northridge quake was a doozy.

David G.
1989 Volvo 240 Wagon "Da Brick" Daily driver
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Hitomi" Sleeping. Waiting for NEO VVL!!
1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" The never ending project!!!

Felt it bad at my house. Send money!

Original Owner, Malaga 1973 tii, unrestored.

1985 Euro M635, Cinnabar, fast and fun!

2003 325i, Alpine White

2007 530i Sport, Titanium Silver

2000 Tundra LTD, White, Daily driver

2011 Audi A3 TDI, White, son's new car!