• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"The Stance Thread"

oz_tom

Anyone have a '02 on Bilstein Sport / IE stage 2 springs?

post-47476-0-37650600-1449946538_thumb.j

post-47476-0-88694900-1449946610_thumb.j

Rear shocks are actually HDs, but I doubt that impacts ride height significantly.

Springs are uncut, with just a couple hours of drive time. New OEM spring pads in the front, original upper (2 dot) and lower pads in the rear.

The car measures 1" higher in the rear at the rocker. I'm letting it settle a bit and then will try 1 dot spring pads or maybe a small cut of the spring to level it out, if needed.

Brent

1974 2002 - Megasquirt and turbo

2018 BMW M2/ 2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply!

No problem.

Ride is VERY STIFF, so keep that in mind if your local roads are in rough shape. Probably stiffer than I'd want in a daily, but I don't mind for the occasional occasional use this car sees.

BTW, wheels are 15x7 et25 BBS RS.

Brent

Did you have to roll your fenders for 15x7?

I had already rolled my fenders for the e30 basketweaves and bavauto springs I used to have on the car. The Bav auto springs were lower and softer.

I basically just folded the inner lip of the fender up so it can't hit the tire. No rubbing yet. Tires are 195/50R15, so a little shorter than the 195/60R14 tires on the weaves and probably helps a bit with rubbing.

I'm also running offset roll center spacers that push the hub out 13mm. Fit would be much better without them. I need to get the camber plates on the top and see where I stand. They might have to come out.

Brent

Where are you guys all finding these bbs rs in 15x7!?!? I'm dying for a set but can never find any

I obsessively checked craigslist for over a year. Found this set just 30 minutes from home.

Brent