• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"The Stance Thread"

oz_tom

Wheels: 13" steelies in the rear, 17" jack stands in front. The car parks without any rubbing in the front, but there's a bit of interference in the rear due to the tight fitting cover.

Tires: Crappy McCrapperson 165-60-13 R-type ("R" for round) rubber on the rear, meaty 225-50-17 all weather jack stands on the front. The sidewalls on the jack stands are pretty firm, and give the car an extra hard ride quality. But that's how I roll. Or don't, as the case may be.

Suspension: Stock springs and KB Toy Store shocks in the rear, but compressed a bit by several hundred pounds of snow for that lowrider look you're all digging. The front's a bit high due to the extra long jack stands, but that should settle a bit when I take out the spacers. The height is good for snow clearance, but I admit it's a bit stiff for my wife. Stop typing here.

The ride: With the tires off, the rear wheels carve like Franz Klammer. The front tends to push a little when I drive off the jack stands, but the increased downforce that I get from having that much rake from front to back really makes it dig in for the turns.

Question: Do my bumpers look fat in this tarp? Be honest.

post-16735-13667620613668_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i had the standard suspension - waiting for the bilstein B6 sport, and eibach pro-kit springs

the tyre size is 185/13/70, very jap style

year 1977

here it goes

Ronal kleeblatt

13x7,5

offset 0

I had those wheels in 76........awesome....

what size tire?....

springs/shocks?....

that car just is period perfect.

• 2 months later...
here it goes

Ronal kleeblatt

13x7,5

offset 0

Wow I really like the look! I wonder if a 13x7 , 0 offset would work on my 1600 without flares?

I expect under compression there would be rubbing up front. Probably under hard cornering too.

My 13x5ish e21 turbines with et18(?) rubbed.

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

For the records. Car posted in post #1 of this thread.

Setup is now:

Front: 15x6" Alpina replicas, ET12, Ground Control coilovers inc. shortened struts, TBA camber. Tyres are 195/45r15 Yokohama S-Drive. Perfectly driveable with rolled lips. Would highly recommend further guard mods though

Rear: 15x7" Genuine Alpinas, ET12, Ground Control supplied Eibach springs, 1" drop (?), spring pads still in. Lips rolled and have not had rubbing but will advise further if I go lower. 195/45r15 Yokohama S-Drive tyres.

4635435138_c3d37fcbb6_b.jpg

4635435084_903fa4dff9_b.jpg

• Like 1

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...