• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parts Prices Feedback and Poll

Maximillian

jim gerock do you need one of these??

"some are NLA like the pin bolt for the heater box water valve."

I have 1 brand new one with nut and washer here

I'll take it to have in my stash. Paypal?

See how easy that was. OE part, BANG, done deal.

I don't even need a price 'cause I know it's NLA and is/will work as the original.

Thanks Blunt

BTW, can you do a stock check on the tii washer fluid line as I heard it's NLA.

Also, back in 1987, when Regular gas was 87cents a gallon, I bought a complete beltline trim set with ALL hardware for $179.00. Can you do a price match?

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Kidasters!! Electrical components/switches and especially the wiring is where my car is hurting the most and its ridiculous what it costs to replace these parts and harnesses.

A few months ago I needed a headlight dimmer switch and the cheapest I found was about $90 before shipping! I ended finding one on ebay but probably still paid too much for it.

• 7 months later...

2002 RADIATOR:

Real OEM $675.42

Maximillian/Mobile Tradition $488.07

Walloth Nesch (in Germany) $226 (159 euros) or heavy duty $252 (179.95 euros)

According to WN, their radiators have the exact dimensions as the OEM part. A friend just bought one for his 2002 in Munich and could not believe our prices.

-Raine

Or you can get it recored for a couple a bills...

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Ya know what I hate at the dealer.

Hi I Need this o-ring for this thingey. Oh, OK, you need to order 5 to get one. Now for an o ring its no big deal but the other day I wanted to buy a few OE fuses for my e30 so I wouldn't have autozone looking fuses in there (I know....) Uh, you have to buy a bunch of 20.

Come on!

Does BMW really wonder why they don't sell shocks?

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Thread recovery indeed.

From February 2011 - CJ and Blunt: I purchased the heater valve pin bolt from Max right before that post. I was told this part was not going to be made anymore. I don't know if it is NLA now.

I'll keep saving my money to buy new BMW parts or good like-new ones. As written above, at least we can still purchase most items for these cars from the manufacturer. Thank goodness I'm not trying to restore something like a Renault Fuego Turbo.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Max,

I would echo what others said about rubber parts. I paid about $75 (!) for a '74 tail lens gasket (between chrome & car body). The silicone strip that goes between the lens and the chrome is also outrageously expensive. Front grill for $170? I am now saving for door seals. Thankfully, some parts are available from Walloth&Nesch cheaper: $30 for shifter rubber boot, versus $70 at MT or Roger's.

All tii injection parts are also prohibitively expensive. Ditto for the cold start equipment of same.

Some items are expensive but there seems to be adequate supply from used cars, so nobody cares ($300+ for door latches)

Others are expensive but I guess it reasonably reflects their quality. $1k for a brand new dash, authentic BMW part, makes sense to me (especially since dash recover guys charge more to recover a used one). Ditto for glass. I remember a few years back, rear glass with defroster was super rare, now it's very reasonably priced.

I wish touchup paint was again available for the whole crazy spectrum of '02 colors (I have a Taiga and a MintGrun).

Finally, I think some of the insane prices are making used parts sellers greedy (unavoidable). When MT charges #300 for door panels, guys with a soggy, ripped-vinyl set demand $150.

I've ordered many parts from Max, and I'm thankful you guys are around.

Themis

'74 BMW 2002tii

'60 Mercedes 190sl

'82 Land Rover Lightweight Diesel