• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage race at Buttonwillow -Y'all come

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Special Race Invitation

VARA Octoberfest Race is September 12th and 13th 2008 at Buttonwillow Raceway (near Bakersfield, CA)

You are all invited to VARA’s annual Octoberfest race featuring German cars. For additional info and directions please check the VARA website at www.vararacing.com

The cost is only $10 at the gate for the whole weekend. We normally have 8 to 12 BMW 2002’s competing plus around 200 other vintage cars.

This venue is very user friendly and it’s about half way between LA and the Bay Area. I can arrange a BMW Corral if there is enough interest. There could be a car show or swap meet. You can BBQ, overnight camping is ok, and adult beverages are ok. Lunch time track tours are available for a $20 donation.

Ireland Engineering will be happy to host an informal get together at the track Saturday late afternoon with beverages and snacks.

It would be great if someone would pickup the ball and coordinate. We would just like to know approximately how many people/cars to expect.

Jeff Ireland

Ireland Engineering

626-359-7674

Oh I wish I was on the West Coast, Jeff!

For those of you Easterners - THIS WEEKEND (Aug 9th) at the brand new "New Jersey Motorsports Park" another Vintage sanctioning body (SVRA) is holding the first EVER race weekend on the new pavement! A 100% Vintage race weekend....Chevrons...Brabhams...a few 2002s...Lotuses...Elvas...Ginettas...Porsches...Ferraris. Friday thru Sunday.

It's a mere 115 miles from Baltimore - so you BET I'll be there! Saturday as a spectator *sigh* (wish I was turning wrenches instead!) Google NJ Motorsports Park, SVRA, or "Thunderbolt Raceway" for more details!

...and Jeff - I need to talk to you about an aluminum radiator for one of our customers at the shop! S14 2002 fitment.

Paul Wegweiser

zenwrenchpaul@yahoo.com

post-2748-13667593304753_thumb.jpg

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

how far from San luis obispo is the race?

Little over 100 miles (2hrs)

Thanks for the announcement, Jeff, we will have to try to put something together. (3hrs from SB)

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Sounds like fun to me.

Driving directions to 24551 Lerdo Hwy, Buttonwillow, CA 93206

253 mi – about 3 hours 46 mins

Sacramento, CA

1. Head south on 12th St toward K St

0.1 mi

2. Turn right at L St

0.5 mi

3. Turn right at 5th St

0.2 mi

4. Turn left at I St