• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My '76 m20 MS '02 project, new updates!

Brent

I recently bought this car from my good friend Mike Koch, he had his own blog about the car, so I am going to continue it as I finish the car!

The car has a m20 with megasquirt ll setup, I am in the process of finishing the alpina style pedal box, but just finished building the exhaust and modified the cross member so the exhaust goes thru it!

Once I get the pedal box finished I can finish plumbing the hydrolics and finally move the car under its own power.

I will try to keep up to date on what is going on, I have been out of the 2002 scene for about a year but happy to have another one.

Brent

Here is a link to my photobucket

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii14/bkbimmer/seventy%20five%202002%20m20%20project/

I just completed building the alpina style pedal box, it has the clutch and brake master mounted directly to it and highly reinforced pedals!

I finally finished the brake system and it seems to work very well, but I have not put it threw the paces yet, I also got my new deep dish 15x8" 0-offset wheels, installed the front air dam and modified a early rear bumper to fit and narrowed it to tuck up tightly to the body.

I'm still waiting for the turbo flares to arrive, but I will have them very soon and then start tuning and testing the car!

'75 e12 Custom

'81 euro 635csi

'68 2002

'74 2002

bk_burnout@hotmail.com

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, he did nice work on the car, I just need to finish odds and ends, and the body and paint work!

I can build more of those cross members if there was any interest!

Hey Brent -

Excellent work on the exhaust, I'm getting close to that on my M20 project. Mike and I had been talking off the board occasionally, good to see that you'll be keeping us posted on the project and that Mike will get to see his former car when finished since it's still local.

I'd love to come by and take a look sometime. I'm just over in the West Linn area and could sure stand to see a M20 project that's almost complete.

- Chris

Hey Brent -

Excellent work on the exhaust, I'm getting close to that on my M20 project. Mike and I had been talking off the board occasionally, good to see that you'll be keeping us posted on the project and that Mike will get to see his former car when finished since it's still local.

I'd love to come by and take a look sometime. I'm just over in the West Linn area and could sure stand to see a M20 project that's almost complete.

- Chris

Guest Anonymous

No problem, I live in gladstone only a few miles away, you can come by anytime, I work at home so I am almost always available.

e-mail me and i can give you my # if Mike didn't already!

Brent

Hey, Brent. Your car looks great! I was just wondering what master cylinder are you using for your brake setup? I am very interested in an Alpina type brake system. Thanks!!

David

David G.
1989 Volvo 240 Wagon "Da Brick" Daily driver
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Hitomi" Sleeping. Waiting for NEO VVL!!
1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" The never ending project!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some up to date pics with the new turbo flares installed, the car drives now and the custom pedal and brake system seem to work great sofar, just need to tune the MS and it will be good to go.

'75 e12 Custom

'81 euro 635csi

'68 2002

'74 2002

bk_burnout@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

The car now has a very good base tune on the MS and drives great, it is very snappy and quike, and the throttle response is incredible.

This is one of the most fun cars I have driven in a while!

'75 e12 Custom

'81 euro 635csi

'68 2002

'74 2002

bk_burnout@hotmail.com

• 3 weeks later...

Here are a few up dates and additions to the car!

I have since added e24 rear bucket seats and center console, made a custom spair tire delete (bead rolled sheet metal), finished the transmission tunnel and custom shift boot collar, painted and seam sealed all of the joints where new metal was added, sound deadened the interior and trunk, welded in all of the rear bumper holes and original exhaust cut out, and just been tieing up lots of little loose ends.

I have been driving the car quite a bit and it has been working excellent and has been a lot of fun to drive!

Here are some up to date pics of the car.

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

DSC00043.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

DSC00045.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

DSC00047.jpg

DSC00050.jpg

DSC00051.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

DSC00053.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00060.jpg

'75 e12 Custom

'81 euro 635csi

'68 2002

'74 2002

bk_burnout@hotmail.com

This car is effin pimp! There is no way, someone could rebuild a car like this for under 8k. Too bad you weren't around when I was looking for a mintgrun 2002 back in March!

Good luck with the sale( I wish it was mine)

-Andrew Poon

IMG_5202-1-1.jpg

1976 2002 - Mintgrun

1986 535i - Bronzit