• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help finding quality carpet kit

70BMW02

I am trying to find a carpet kit for my 70 2002. Currently it has a beat up 15 piece carpet kit. I know there is a one piece kit but i have been told to go with the 15 piece. Does anyone have a good site they can suggest to order one from?

Thank you,

Travis

post-12598-13667593594473_thumb.jpg

if you want a genuine imported carpet (and you reside in the USA), there's an outfit i've heard about in Canada that Seams like a Perfect place to put an order in.

yea, of course i bit.....

swing batter, swing!!!

that was slow and straight across the plate

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

o2 carpet

(don't mind the wrong years listed...just scroll to the "BMW LOOP")

nice.

i agree...i haven't see the set BLUNT'S selling, so i can't comment....but i have bought several sets from auto-interiors...it comes with the backing already attached and is available in an abundant color selection...very fast order processing and shipping too

I am trying to find a carpet kit for my 70 2002. Currently it has a beat up 15 piece carpet kit. I know there is a one piece kit but i have been told to go with the 15 piece. Does anyone have a good site they can suggest to order one from?

Thank you,

Travis

Great looking '02 Travis... I love it!

This is just a suggestion if you are a hands on type, but making your own carpet really isn't all the hard. Find a good upholstery shop and buy European Loop carpet and use your old pieces as a pattern...Use vinyl edging. I've made my own carpet for two cars, and have been very pleased. I probably spent a little more that way, but I made sure everything fit perfectly, and corrected some areas where std pieces don't lay right.

My '73tii has a BMW replacement carpet in it, that was bought from a dealer back in the 80's...it's still like new, and has foam backing and cloth edging...very heavy duty. Too bad BMW doesn't make "the real thing" any longer. We should lobby for MT to make them again - nothing better.

Good Luck,

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

Esty -- Good to hear from you. But a question, if I may ... has enough time passed, that the kittens are safe? Just checking. I worry about the kittens, you know.

lol....hey mister....i planted an orange hibiscus outside my office window...every time i look at it i smile and think of you

the cats are safe as long as larson doesn't come around offering "to good to be true" deals or halloween carpet sets or some other scam

orange carpet...there you go otis, that would truly compliment your car show attire

Travis--John (02fanatic in PA) has some good advice. I installed my own black/gray tweed carpet in my '71 and the results are better than factory. World Upholstery has good quality German wool carpet available. The vinyl edging is readilly available at any auto upholstery supply. Use the old carpet as a template and take your time to customize the fit. It is very easy to have an uphostery shop sew the edging on (for an exact seam, I tacked the vinyl in place with contact cement before I had the stitching done. Çomplete the install with spray glue and contact cement. Good luck.

World or GAHH have the best quality materials. I haven't seen a sample of what Blunt is offering, and have requested a blue sample, but not received it.

Can't comment on fit and finish of the suppliers. I wish I had a multi-piece set to use as a pattern to make my own!

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

World or GAHH have the best quality materials. I haven't seen a sample of what Blunt is offering, and have requested a blue sample, but not received it.

Can't comment on fit and finish of the suppliers. I wish I had a multi-piece set to use as a pattern to make my own!

john, i posted pics of colors in the carpet thread.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com