• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Free 2002 - should I bite?

PSloan

I'm seriously doubting it has any real goodies on it. Probably a stock beat up 2002.

What! You have to be kidding - I can see a real goodie right now!

Isn't that a lamp in the front seat?

You can have the lamp if you want. I also believe the car has many sleeping bags and tents.

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cut it up?

I'll take the hind quarters off your hands, to make one of those goofy trailers that everyone seems to make (I'll spare everyone the picture - it's been posted up one-too-many times). Everyone knows that I am addicted to trailers; although I hate to go down the someone-already-did-it path, such a trailer would be cool, no matter how one looks at it.

I come down to Houston quite often, on business. If it's okay with you, we can work out the logistics, next time I am there (which should be soon). If you would be so kind, email me offline at davidbowen5828 at comcast dot net. For your troubles, I'll treat you to a meal of squash blossoms and margaritas at Hugo's.

Patrick,

If you do decide to take that 1600 and decide to part it out I'm in need of some struts for my 1600. So let me know if you do get it and decide to part it out.

Jose3523atjunodot com

Hey Jose,

I think I may have told you this a while back but since you still seem to be looking for struts: you can use Bilstein HD struts on your 67. I put them on mine 2 years ago with no issues, and I was replacing the stock front struts with them. Unless you are talking about a 1600 4-door, then all bets are off :)

PS- Patrick, of course you take the car!

Jeff
1975 Alfa Romeo GT1300Junior w/1600 transplant (I'm still stuck on 1600's LOL)
2006 M3 White/Red - Orig Owner,6spd,ZCP, sunroof delete
SOLD 1967 1600 #1517644 "Florida"/Brown w/sunroof, SOLD 1968 1600 #1564660, RIP 1970 1600

I was just thinking about you and your car earlier. How's it coming along?

I'm actually gathering up the tools and such that I need to start working on it. I'm finally done remodelling the kitchen in the house, and should hopefully have some time (and extra cash) to start the project.

Unfortunately, when I left Florida to move to Dallas, I sold my engine lift, engine stand, etc. So now I'm looking to buy both of those so that I can get the engine out and start tearing things down. Then, finally, the welder to take care of that frame rail. :)

My email address has probably changed since the last time we talked. I'll send you the new one.

'70 1600 - Chamonix - 2.0L + 5-speed

Email sent. I don't mind keeping the ass of it.

Thanks, my man. Hope to see you soon.

Has anyone built one of these trailers? I wish I could find that picture - it's been on this site a few times. Where should we stop/start cutting?

EVERYBODY has one of the rear trailers

Yup, bingo, that's my problem with the concept. It's "been there, done that," and I hate that. It's like the guys with pickup trucks that make a trailer out of a pickup bed - zzzzzz. Or, the folks who make sofas out of '57 Chevy trunks. zzzzzzzzz.

f you follow the link from the projects blog, there's a photochop of a front-end trailer. I think it's a unique idea, but I'm not sure that I like the look. I think I'll get the rear half into the driveway, and once it's here, I'll have to think about what twist I can add to the standard, back-half trailer thing. I assure you, I'll think of something. Even if it turns out being just like everyone else's back-halfer, that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world - it's still pretty cool. Wouldn't you agree?

Come to think of it, if I put seats in it, rumble style, I'll have room for all of Jesse's friends ...

post-1769-13667593965874_thumb.jpg