• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yoko Avid T4's on closeout at the Tire Rack

MatthewCervi

Matthew & Scott: how much were the Avid T4's? How long will they be running the close-out? My Kumho tires are lousy. I definitely wish to replace them soon anyway.

Yes, they were $50 each. I had been looking for tires, and Mike Self recommended them (and apparently he's buying more).

I just have not had good tires on my car since the '90s, I think. It's hard to find decent ones in these sizes. It's like the tire cos say "OK it's gonna be on a GEO so let's not kill ourselves on this project everyone".

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

I bought one this spring just before the V@V drive for my spare tire. It was about $50.00 and arrived within a couple of days.

I think my car still had an original Michelin XAS tube type radial on the spare which was pretty dry rotted - but it still held air.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

First off PROPS on the BWA's, I got 13x5.5 myself!

Second, definitely go for the AVIDs i've heard a lot of good stuff about those tires. I was about to get them, but decided to settle on the Pirelli P400's before they ended production.

good luck!

(2760940) 1972 2002Tii Agave, Supersprint Headers, IE SS Exhaust, BMP SSK, Crane XR3000 w/ MSD Blaster, IE 284 cams, JB Racing Aluminum Flywheel, Seral 13x6