• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shortened Struts (again) and some other stuff.........

peteinjp

Pedro- that is what I was going to do but i couldn't think of any way to locate the hole saw in the middle since there is no material there thru which to run the center bit. Actually its always checking out your fab work that inspired me to do this kind of stuff.

OldSchool- the brace is the Ireland tii unit.

Best!

pete

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll see what I'll do, I'll post pics on my build blog when I do it. Always happy to hear that someone is looking at my progress and taking something away from it.

I'll post another update later tonight....I finished my cage! all the welding is done! big milestone! I'm so happy and proud of myself! hehe.....

Can't wait to drive the car every time I look at it!

68' 1602

98' ///M3 Sedan

88' ///M3 Sold *

06' ///M3 Competition Pkg Sold *

http://www.bmw1602.com/

topbanner.gif

Yep- rabbit inserts re-valved for 350# springs. I figured that the 300# springs plus the ireland 22mm bar (which will be shortened and run directly to the strut) add up to a higher overall rate. The revalving service is very reasonable. Now the balance is great but once I stiffen the roll up front I may cut the ireland stage2 rear springs to match.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

Hey, i'm heading over to Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto in a week. Just wondering if yoiu know of anywhere i could get a 5 speed transmission for my 1973 2002 from?

i intend to bring it back to Singapore with me.

Tuuks- Man I wish I could tell you where you could find one but.... I doubt there are many- if any e21 OD trannys available for less than it would cost to have one shipped over from the U.S.

Have a great trip!

Fast2002- those keepers are from ground control as is the rest of the coil over hardware. Eibach distributors can get them as well.

• 6 months later...