• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front License plates for California 02 owners.

poolguru

I was wondering if any other owners in California were exempted from running a front plate? I was pulled over because I had no front plate recently.But I hear some maybe exempted from running a front plate.Or are the majority of guys running a front plate?Thanks!

I just play it cool, keep the cars clean, and don't give them a reason to pull me over(not having a plate is enough reason).

Knock on wood, it's been over 20 years since I'd been pulled over for no plate.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

I just play it cool, keep the cars clean, and don't give them a reason to pull me over(not having a plate is enough reason).

Knock on wood, it's been over 20 years since I'd been pulled over for no plate.

Same here, haven't had a front plate for years.

71, flat black

Beat to fit, paint to match.

Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

"Some people spend a lifetime wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem" - Ronald Reagan

CA law requires a front plate. No exceptions.

That is absolutly right..

I have the German plate on the front. Not legal, but haven't been hassled yet.

ronal008.jpg

Haven't had front plate on Highlander since new (6 years) No ticket yet. Previous cars had "fix-it" tickets, then removed it after a while again. If you travel to Vegas, they always stop you at the agriculture inspection stop near Yermo if you don't have a front plate (no "wave-thru's"). They usually hassle you at LAX also, because the parking lots have cameras that take pics of the front of you car when you enter.

Got a ticket in the Touring for expired tags (1 month), but the guy didn't walk to the front of the car to see the Euro plate.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Licenseplates.tv makes a great plate but they won't ship to California so find a friend or relative in another state and have them ship it there and they can then send it to you. Keep it in the trunk with a couple of nuts/bolts and if you are pulled over again see if the officer will let you install it in his presence, it might work.

(I dropped my daughter off at Cal State Chico two weeks ago, she already loves the school and the town)

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

Licenseplates.tv makes a great plate but they won't ship to California so find a friend or relative in another state and have them ship it there and they can then send it to you. Keep it in the trunk with a couple of nuts/bolts and if you are pulled over again see if the officer will let you install it in his presence, it might work.

(I dropped my daughter off at Cal State Chico two weeks ago, she already loves the school and the town)

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

HB -Chris- Let me know the next time you are in Chico.

Or let me know if you ever need any help or advice regarding Chico etc.

I came here 22 years ago, ran away a couple of times but always came back. it has been a great community to raise my son.

josephoneil at earthlink dot net

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

My daughter got a ticket on her 89 E30 for no front plate while parked. She claims she never saw the ticket and by the time I found out about it, the fine went from a fix it ticket to $100 bucks. She now has new plates on her car (to include front).

She used to be at Chico but left after one year, too much partying for her. She's now at Berkeley, go figure.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner