• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hazard switch question

madpaddler

Just removed the console to rebuild and fix what the PO did to rip it up. The pic included with this question stinks, but it is the best my phone will shoot. See the blue circle, there is a purple and black wire that was "snipped" by the PO. Is the photo good enough for anyone to tell me what this wire was intended for, or if this is something done for a good reason? Thanks as always.

post-9373-13667594465573_thumb.jpg

'76 2002 A "camo blue"

'73 2002 A Chamonix

'71 Airstream Globetrotter

'72 2002 A Verona-crashed then stolen

2007 Toyota FJ

i have the same purple/black wire among the hazard switch bundle, although mine still retains its original clear plastic sleeve and has not been altered.

i *believe* it can be used as a power source for your radio. it may be switched on/off with the ignition, but i'm not sure. time to check with a voltmeter.

as best i can tell, mine is original and unused so i'd guess you can just tape it up and forget about it or use it for your radio.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Thanks for your feedback, I am trying to figure out where to connect my new digital clock...that may be a good wire to try on one of the connections.

'76 2002 A "camo blue"

'73 2002 A Chamonix

2007 Toyota FJ

Yeah, but I have a digital clock that has 3 wires; one to run off the hot all the time leg, one that runs only when the car is running, and one the grounds it. Found a good hot wire, this one may be good for the other lead. I am converting the "fasten seat belt" block to a clock as another member did a couple weeks ago.

'76 2002 A "camo blue"

'73 2002 A Chamonix

2007 Toyota FJ