• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picture Request - 2002ti Interior pleaseeee

brucedemuro

Hey everyone, im redoing the whole interior on my ti and I need to get as many photos of the original interior as possible so to get it right, please post as many as you can and as detailed as possible, of the whole dash, gauges, wheel, seats,clock,center console, everything you can.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Bruce

Ok, Let her rip!

here you go.

note early-style chrome trimmed dash.

if you can get the chrome trim pieces you can use a 3-piece dash by merely cutting the lower dash approximately at a point above the heater bezel location.

note the chrome trimmed clock, short console, sport steering wheel.

hth

post-260-13667594578246_thumb.jpg

post-260-13667594579384_thumb.jpg

post-260-13667594580551_thumb.jpg

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Thank you soo much for the quick comeback, really, great pictures too, I just wanted to be sure how the interior looked like since mine has been changed a bit, since the chrome on the gauge pannel started chipping off it was painted silver and things like that, those little details that make perfection. If anyone has a scan of the brochure for the 2002ti I would love to see it so please post it, I'm trying to get as much info as possible but there really isn't much info on this specific model, like pictures, etc.

Please post as many pics as possible so that to have like a mini photo database on this model, I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Cheers!

Bruce

Ok, Let her rip!

As to the interior, the dash is just a standard euro early dash with the chrome trim. The silver (not chrome) rimmed clock is the only ti specific part. The speedo should have been in KPH, but that may have been changed by the dealers, as back then MPH was probably more common. The chrome trim kind of fades to a dull silver, fairly easily replicated with any bright silver spray paint if you're careful.

Steering wheel is a black leather rimmed version as in the pics above for a black interior, or a polished wood rimmed version with the brown interior

The console is the short version like in the pictures. Note how it fits with the euro dash, as the US version short consoles are longer on top and don't fit.

The seats can be of three varieties from the factory:

-Plain regular vinyl

-Vinyl with cloth inserts like many other euro 2002s

-BMW Recaro sport seats in black vinyl, also used in early Porsches, not the same as in a 2002 turbo.

Hope thie helps,

vince