• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alloy Wheel Powder Coating (nt)

MikeinNC

Please elaborate on the Wheel Wizard.

I have a set of Mille Miglias from one of my cars that have a wonk or two. They aren't too visually apparent but the PO said he fell into a construction site and bent one or two. Do I straighten them with a wood block and a two pound hand sledge?

Ahlem

'76 2002

'90 M3

'90 535i 5 speed

'89 325is '91 318is

'87 325is

The guys at Wheel Wizard in Atlanta (Google them to get the website and contact numbers) are fantastic They have done several 02 alloys for me including the rare bottle top style When I walked in the them, the owner wanted to know where I got 'those 02 alloys' He used to be a BMW mechanic They also did the BWAs that are going on Humberto's Tii when I get done with it They can repair, straighten and refinish just about anything I highly recommend them

Thanks to Randy Anderson (74 Tii) from Oklahoma for the tip on the powder Tiger Dry Lac, Anodized Silver, Satin Finish Nice finish and not too silvery if you know what I mean Now I need to replace those ugly lug nuts

I just visited a local powder coater and looked thru the book 'o' colors and could not find anything that I liked. The manager stated that they could order any brand I needed. Aside from the Tiger Dry listed above, what brands, formulations and sheen have others used with success on Alloy and Steel wheels?

BTW, this info would be helpful for the FAQ -- Factory wheel paint codes for Polaris and best practices for powder coating if folks want to go that route.

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--