• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

lil Lisa completes another trouble-free Jenna-visit/trip!

robspeed

went to see Jenna again in the 02, about 500miles total. mom in law offered her mercury mountaineer but i turned it down for 25+mpg in the 02 vs 16 in the uncool-mobile... anyway Jenna loves the 02 and we took a few rides around south illy in it. South Illinois reminds me a lot of northern cali above the bridge, just minus the coast line.

on the actual roadtrip, i drove with the windows down both ways with jvc "marshmallow" noise-blocking earbuds in, which worked out nicely. (this is due to continuing exhaust leaks, been too lazy to fix!) the mushmellows have good noise isolation so i didnt have to blast stereo to hear over normal earplugs which is my usual practice. (laptop was sound source with earbuds), . added a half quart of oil in wally world parking lot, which was first its needed since changing it about 2k ago in bama.

for her part, Jenna is doing great! since i was there last, she hasnt missed a single therapy session!! huge improvement over the 50% record she had before. She has also gone from two sessions (scheduled, not attended!) to three, and her therapist is supposed to add another for four total PT sessions per week. she is also in a new program there, the supported living program, instead of the behavioral program. i was initially resisting this but it turns out it is for the better. She is going to have a lot more activities to do, art classes, possible wood working (hey, anybody need a new birdhouse?), daily walking group, etc. They are also going to move her again, to an all-female house from the one she is in now. Her new case manager seems really cool. I never had a complaint about the previous one except that he almost never would return a phone call. he did once or twice regarding visit arrangements, but other than that, nada. the new case manager, as ive said, seems really cool and she gets great reviews from jenna's therapist, etc.

i'll try to put more stuff in the blog, but for some reason my posts here on jenna tend to be a bit more detailed than my blog entries sometimes...... ;)

Hey Rob,

Where are you in Indiana? I live in Cincinnati now, but hail from the land o' Hoosier. Born in Muncie, did time in Bluffton, south of Ft. Wayne. Did some time in Indy, but sent most of my childhood in Ripley and Dearborn counties just outide of Cincinnati..

I travel to Bluffton and Indy a few times a year to see family..

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Hey Rob,

Where are you in Indiana? I live in Cincinnati now, but hail from the land o' Hoosier. Born in Muncie, did time in Bluffton, south of Ft. Wayne. Did some time in Indy, but sent most of my childhood in Ripley and Dearborn counties just outide of Cincinnati..

I travel to Bluffton and Indy a few times a year to see family..

I am just west of Indy proper in Plainfield. Its about 10-15mins to downtown from here. I am looking forward to (at some point) venturing over to ohio to meet mike self, visit Harv's creamsicle, etc. now that summer is over might have to wait till next year, IF i still have my 02 by then! ;-/

next SW OH GTG--probably sometime in early-mid Oct--we'd love to have you join us. Looking at a jaunt up north of Sidney (OH) to a very good German restaurant--on a Sat or perhaps Sunday afternoon.

Send one of us your e-mail address and we'll add you to our list. We already have some Indy folks who attend our events...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

next SW OH GTG--probably sometime in early-mid Oct--we'd love to have you join us. Looking at a jaunt up north of Sidney (OH) to a very good German restaurant--on a Sat or perhaps Sunday afternoon.

Send one of us your e-mail address and we'll add you to our list. We already have some Indy folks who attend our events...

mike

jennaishealed at geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee mail dot org ;) or hatmail, you pick, as Jenna likes to say. :)

Yup, Mike and I are going to get serious about organizing our next gtg when we work on my steel wheels tomorrow. We would be very glad to have you join us and meet the MW '02'er's. It is very good to hear that Jenna is doing well. I am always pulling for her and wishing her the best.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Yup, Mike and I are going to get serious about organizing our next gtg when we work on my steel wheels tomorrow. We would be very glad to have you join us and meet the MW '02'er's. It is very good to hear that Jenna is doing well. I am always pulling for her and wishing her the best.

Clutch in the 02 has started to chatter/slip,,, must have a rear main seal leak or something similar... hopefully it will still be drivable in Oct! ;)

Ohh. Recently I had Mike McCarthy at Foreign Car Parts & Svc. (free plug!) put a new clutch in mine. It was not releasing and it was hard to shift the thing! Now it's smooth, espec. since he did a shifter rebuild on it a few years ago. I'll add you to our list of MW 02'er's then.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz