• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best suspension set up for a daily driver

Poon

Sounds like you're going about it in the right manner - replace all the tired rubber junk first - THEN see how the car drives. I;m a big fan of large swaybars. I used to run Bilstein HD fronts and Boge oil rears - nice but not jarring. try to get progressive rate springs - they'll "forgive" the small bumps and firm up as you load up the suspension in hard cornering.

I wait until I can out-drive the suspension - and only THEN upgrade things. This is a gradual/accumulative process - but it'll improve your driving at the same time. :-) Having the rear too stiff will make the car more "Porsche-like" in the corners, if you panic and lift the throttle your ass can pass you - be ready for it. The tradeoff - is that you can steer more with the throttle, and less with the steering wheel. (takes practice and a safe environment - but a BLAST!) I'm not talking about "drifting" silliness - but more subtle topics like "slip angles" throtle induced/trailing throttle overster, and such.

Don't forget tires! Sticky and fat will make the suspension work harder. How much lean do you want / don't want?

Paul wegweiser

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com