• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Un-Fricken-Amazing

danjrusdug

I think I need to start stashing parts for when they are needed in the future. I gave a set of these front grilles away just 3 years ago.........

Buying up '02 parts seems to be a better investment than the stock market these days!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Accessories_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__Bmw-2002-OEM-Grill-set-complete-NOS-Left-Center-Right_W0QQitemZ220284141002QQddnZPartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQddiZ2811QQadiZ2865QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220284141002&_trkparms=72%3A543%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

My 401k has lost 40k in the last 12 months! Aaaargh!!!! I can't wait for Verizon to give me a year's severance when they buy Alltel so I can get access to the 401k, put it in a self directed IRA, and stop the bleeding.

OK, I'm back now. Just had to vent........

Doug - On the market in approx. 4-5 months

'73 tii Atlantik - getting more valued like fine wine

Guest Anonymous

Un-Fricken? or even Fricken (must be ozark speak). But why is this so amazing?

All prices seem to be going up, but that does not mean they all sell. I know someone who posted similar parts recently and didn't get much interest. These parts have value only to the people that can actually use them and pay for them. Is a nos trapezoidal mirror worth $300? It depends!

I would bet there are a lot more parts than cars that need them. When you're hot your hot. When you're not you're not.

Shee- it. I bought a whole car for what they're at now

($350) because it had nice grilles. But it also had a running motor...

Oh, well. I don't use NOS parts. Can't afford 'em...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Shee- it.

Oh, well. I don't use NOS parts. Can't afford 'em...

t

amen to that. the only NOS parts i reluctantly buy now are those that are supposed to keep the rain water out, and whatever is available at AZ Autohaus...

i used to be able to buy on eBay, but i am CONSISTENTLY outbid by the same person, over and over again....

why even try anymore?

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Guest Anonymous

Everything is relative.

People have been complaining about the high cost of BMW parts and cars forever. Few things excepting electronics tend to go down in price and even when our cars were new, BMW had to market the cars as the higher prices meant greater value when compared to other cars. Mercedes and Porsche had the same issue when compared to the typically lower cost GM/Ford?Chrysler offerings. I remember someone complaining at the dealership parts counter in the 90's about what he previously paid for the same part in the 90's. The dealer threatened to call the police on him!

Spark plugs and tools and tailight lenses used to be much cheaper too, but that doesn't mean they can't be found for less. ;)