• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Options for Norcal folks going to SoCal Show

InkaSteve

If you find I-5 too boring, or don't have the time to go through the Sierras, the drive down 101 is a bit more scenic. Santa Barbara is about 75 minutes to the show and it is a spectacular drive early in the morning.

PacificSunrisew.jpg

If you can get to the Santa Barbara area Friday night, we can find group dinner somewhere, then we can caravan down to LA Saturday morning for the show, and back up Sat night. Puts you closer to home on Sunday. I can scout out a fun drive between LA and SB. Cheaper housing in Carpinteria (10 min So of SB) or I can put up a few of you at my house. (floors, beds, couches). 1st come, 1st served..

There is also a Porsche Concours in SB on Sunday, if you haven't had enough cars by then. There is alway the Winery thing on the way back north.

Let the dialogue and planning begin......However you get there, It is an event you don't want to miss.

Other Ideas??

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

but will definately let you know if something changes the plans at the last minute, and will probably join you for the drive back north on Saturday afternoon.

We thought about staying in the LA area and going by the big vintage Asian show in Irvine on Sunday, but decided that we'd rather make a leisurely trip back north over two days on Sun & Mon.

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

I'll see you guys at the show, but I'm driving a rental car down Saturday morning. Too far to take my 1600, at least until I get it fully restored mechanically. I really wish I could take it so its a bummer. My wife and I were planning to visit her family in the area anyway that weekend so it worked out as a chance to attend the show.

Jeff
1975 Alfa Romeo GT1300Junior w/1600 transplant (I'm still stuck on 1600's LOL)
2006 M3 White/Red - Orig Owner,6spd,ZCP, sunroof delete
SOLD 1967 1600 #1517644 "Florida"/Brown w/sunroof, SOLD 1968 1600 #1564660, RIP 1970 1600