• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTF!!!

DB

Its not too bad. I mean it could be much worse, at least most of the stuff was fitted properly.

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

Its not too bad. I mean it could be much worse, at least most of the stuff was fitted properly.

I agree, if it were a regular '02.

However, it looks like the car is a genuine turbo, like DB says. That would be heresy!!!!!

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

probably not a real turbo, notice the flares are blended. The spoiler can be bought, as we all know, but it's always good to see the originator get a showing next to the new generation stuff. I remember hearing about the new 1 series coming out and thinking finally the 2002 will be back with new technology no one will be able to get near it. Too bad BMW wasn't thinking the same thing I was.... no offense to the 135, I was just hoping for something closer to the original "Sport Sedan".

There is always something about a white car with the motorsport colors that looks good....

Todd

"Common sense isn't common"

Yes, probably a real Turbo. There are several Turbos around with those moulded-in flares, and all seem to be from Japan. They als have additional LARGE rear licence plate lights.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

yeah the japanese ones had the moulded flares, they come up quite often here in AUS!

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

/

...ok... "it's not a real one"

show us the VIN tag and engine bay

Don't know the one in question, but look at the pics above your post - they are titled with the VIN.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

It has A/C. A real turbo can't have that, because the KKK charger is mounted down below the engine, where the A/C compressor would typically go.

Unless they rebuilt the manifold and relocated the turbo upwards as with more "modern" builds. Of course, with such extensive mods to the car already this may not be an issue, but its something to consider.

02turboeng.jpg

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

It has A/C. A real turbo can't have that, because the KKK charger is mounted down below the engine, where the A/C compressor would typically go.

Unless they rebuilt the manifold and relocated the turbo upwards as with more "modern" builds. Of course, with such extensive mods to the car already this may not be an issue, but its something to consider.

02turboeng.jpg

Or they removed the turbo altogether, like the automatic one that was on ebay some time ago. IIRC it was painted in some kind of bright blue color.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

I actually like the car....

I would only trade to black wheels.

yeah its blaphsemy (sp?) but the guys got balls to do it, and obviously enough money not to care.

I actually like the car....

I would only trade to black wheels.

yeah its blaphsemy (sp?) but the guys got balls to do it, and obviously enough money not to care.