• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fibreglass / Carbon Fibre Boot & Bonnet required

car21milton

Hi,

I'm looking to get hold of fibre glass or carbon fibre panels for a 1971 2002.

These are for a race car to lighten it. I'm primarily after a bonnet and boot but will consider other panels as well. Anybody know where I can get them from or anyone that makes them / has the moulds for them.

Cheers,

Bob.

By the way we are based in the UK so anything in the UK would be better but we will consider further afield if the price is good.

I have a set of carbon fiber hood and trunk panels (or bonnet and boot for you) available. Link to my original For Sale post:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,310446/

(The transmission and the stub axles have been sold.)

As has been pointed out, the manufacturer now lists a lower price for the CF panels on their site. The group buy price was $1,500. But I'm no idiot (really, I'm not) so I'll undercut the current price of the manufacturer (American International Racing). Their price for a CF pair is $1,350. So mine is now $1,300 (plus shipping). Any less and I might as well keep the suckers.

I don’t know how much shipping to the U.K. will cost. I’m in San Francisco, CA.

Best,

Richard

San Francisco

'67 1600-2 restomod project moribund

-----------------

"Got a sweater for a gift. Really wanted a screamer or a moaner."

• 5 weeks later...