• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looks like were going to Santa Barbara Saturday night

norm

Hey Norm!

I am excited to see that you will be making it down.... the show wouldn't be the same without you.

Keep in mind that we have room at our house for Friday or Saturday night as well if you need it. We are considering an early morning 33 run [very fast, very fun] early Sunday morning if enough people are up for it...... We would start early in the AM from Camarillo, and head north to the Frazier Park area.

John

John Barlow Los Angeles, Ca.

John@VintageMotorsportGroup.com

EBay: NeueKlasseBMWs

O==00==O

www.SoCalVintageBMW.com

www.VintageMotorsportGroup.com

Vintage BMW Source

Motorsport Legends

Groma Race Fabrication

We can call it the Post- Vintage show run.

I can set it up and promote it.

I'm up for it.

Man that would be really nice except its a double whammy for me (son and daughter's BDay party on Sunday at 3pm)

Lets see..how can I pull this one off??I'm open for "Bailout ideas" that allows me to make it back at least a couple of hours before the party..

Hamada

70Bristol02 E36M3 E34535im

After the Socal Vintage Tom J, Chico Joseph, and I would love to follow a group going back up North. A caravan would be fun. Any nice dinner stops alone te way?

Norm

If you want to caravan this way Saturday nite (which will be a blast), and haven't made reservations anywhere, (SB usually sells out on many weekends) You should nail down where you will stay. E-mail me if advice is needed. Carpinteria (15 mins south of SB) is a good alternative. It also has some great restaurants. Let me know your plans, and we will come up with a fun afternoon and evening, and maybe even breakfast Sun AM.

If you really want to take the HWY 33 drive that they are trying to put together Sunday morning, the starting point in Ojai is only 1/2 hr from Carpinteria, and would put you back on I-5 at Frazier Park.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Inka Steve-

We are staying Saturday night at my friends.

He lives off Verde Vista ( State St, Las Pasitas 101 exit)

Sounds fun,

Thanks for organizing the Saturday afternoon/evening adventures.

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

Inka Steve-

We are staying Saturday night at my friends.

He lives off Verde Vista ( State St, Las Pasitas 101 exit)

Sounds fun,

Thanks for organizing the Saturday afternoon/evening adventures.

I know the street, couple blocks from my office. Will be fun.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

A little late, a little OT, but I live in Goleta and just picked up my first '02 this weekend (well, actually a pair). You wouldn't happen to be the owner of the M6's and 2002s off Fairview, would you?

Would love to meet some more local '02 owners!

Not too off topic....Congrats on your 02. Tell us about it, we love pics too.

No, I don't own the BMWs on fairview. I have heard about them, but not seen them. We live on St James off of Las Positas toward the beach. We are driving down to the Vintage Meet in LA early Sat AM. You can join us if your car is roadworthy. We are coming back sat afternoon with a few others following. Email me through the board, we can get together sometime.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

Meet in Camarillo at 6:30.

Leave at 7:00.

Get to Ojai at 7:25. Leave Ojai at 7:30.

If you are coming from the other direction, we can meet in Ojai at 7:00 and be ready to leave at 7:30 We are in Frazier Part by 9:30, depending on how often we stop and how long we stop for. Generally speaking, the more cars we have, the longer and more often we stop. We took a run a week ago, 3 cars, one shot non-stop. We we back in Ojai having breakfast before 10:00.

About halfway up the 33, we veer off and take Lockwood Valley road to Frazier Park. You could continue on the 33 and end up in San Luis Obispo or Bakersfield.

From Frazier Park, you can grab the 5 and head North, or South.

We usually turn around, and head back and have breakfast in Ojai at Eggs and Things. But I am open to suggestions.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

I'll start an intro thread. I actually planned on driving one up to SLO again this weekend, if all goes according to plan, to try and get the other one back on the road. It unfortunately let loose on the way down, and is parked at a friend's in Solvang. Sounds like a killer morning though!

David

Flickr

'74 2002 - The project

'98 M3

'04 Duramax 2500HD

I'll start an intro thread. I actually planned on driving one up to SLO again this weekend, if all goes according to plan, to try and get the other one back on the road. It unfortunately let loose on the way down, and is parked at a friend's in Solvang. Sounds like a killer morning though!

Hey Hammer..hammer_smx.gifhammer_smx.gifhammer_smx.gif Can I call you that...??

This thread actually can be a little confusing, they are discussing three different events here:

1. The SoCal Vintage BMW meet in LA on Saturday 10/11 http://www.socalvintagebmw.com/index.html which we are driving down to early Sat. AM

2. The return trip to SB Sat. PM with some other 02s and vintage BMWs following to have dinner and spend the night in the SB area.

3. An optional early morning drive from Ojai up Hwy 33/Lockwood Canyon to Frazier Park on Sunday 10/12. I can't do this part, need to do some brake work before that run.

If you want to tap the SoCal 02 braintrust, the Sat AM meet would be a great place to network. If your car can't make it, I believe I have an empty passenger seat down and back that you are welcome to fill.

The most active forum is this "General Discussion" forum. Your intro in the project blogs would get more visibility here.

Hammer's intro thread http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,312328/

Again, congrats and welcome

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

Ah, thank you so much! I think I'll be up in Solvang working on at least one of the cars this Saturday (Friday night through Sunday), but I'll keep my eye out for the next one.

My name is David btw, but Hammer works too haha. I guess I'll try and find a moderator to have my thread moved to General.

David

Flickr

'74 2002 - The project

'98 M3

'04 Duramax 2500HD