• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show 'em as you drive 'em, not as you repair 'em . . .

f1reverb

I resectfully dissagree. I like my clean simple engine in full view to contrast the carbon fiber nightmare of the new car guys. They get a kick out of seeing what a distributor looks like! Oh and what's that thing on top of the intake manifold?

post-344-13667595810797_thumb.jpg

75 2002: weber, ANSA, lowered, 14" wheels, new engine, new suspension, rust free & square.

Amps, subs and screens belong in a living room.

Why? Whose rule is that?

Not a rule, just my opinion.

I can understand a large SUV, or a 750i, a van conversion as a rolling media environment (still not my style) but a 2002? To me, it's a turn-off and I have no interest to see it. The 2002 can be a lot of things but 6 amps, 4 subs, 22 speakers and 8 screens?

I am always curious where people place speakers in a 2002 though.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

Not a rule, just my opinion.

Well, okay. I just wanted to make sure that I could put speakers and amps in the bedroom, not just in the living room. After all, sometimes, Otis's fourth ten needs a little Barry White to get going.

PS - Barry works in the back-seat-boogie department, too. You know - paradise by the dashboard light, and all that good stuff. That's why you need speakers.

Yummmmm....I spy an ALFA! Nice stablemates!

OH! - Mr. Beaumont: I just noticed the linkage on your DCOEs....Oh PLEASE tell me where I might purchase this beautifully made assembly! Looks like it came right off a vintage Formula / Sportsracer machine!!!

Paul Wegweiser

I bought it from an Ebay shop, here. It is very nice, it didn't quite clear my old fuel pump so i had to file a semi circular bit off it but then i ended up replacing the pump which didn't get anywhere near it.

WBeaumont, what kind of wheels do you have? Got any better pics with them on your car?

They are genuine 14x6 minilites.

n656610472_1830898_3107.jpg

n656610472_4026922_4627.jpg

I don't really like this photo, i think it makes the wheels look too big, but it does show the wheels quite well.

The Alfa is my dad's, it is going to be quite a while before that is back on the road.

My hood will be closed, unless someone request a peek under it. Less stuff to clean and detail. Besides, it is as stock as the day it was built. An 1802 looks just like a 2002, and we all know what they look like. My gosh, I have got to drive it every day, don't have time to get the Q-tips out.

Here is what it looks like under there if you are curious...BTW before I get lots of "helpful" suggestions, I have repainted the radiator and replaced the alternator rubber mounting bushings since this pic.

74touring045.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours