• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Completing the look...

H_Krix

Just wanted to brag about my past weekend somewhere other than my project blog, I hope you guys will forgive my picture whoring - been too long since I've seen this car this whole...

Hood_03.jpg

Hood and glass went in this past weekend, now I just need to put my interior in, get an exhaust and 2 more wheels, some minor trim bits, and its off to the races!

There's light at the end of the tunnel...

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

Sweeeet!!!!

Car is looking great, Harrison! Hopefully I'll get to see it "in the flesh" soon. I was hoping to go to the Eurofest in Spartanburg with the E21 Baur, but it has carb problems. I'll be driving up Saturday 9/18 in my daughter's E36.

Maybe we can get a nice ATL caravan going for next year's V@ the V!

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

From reading your blog, do you have templates for the center console that you made???

No yet, no. I have a lot of things that I've intended to do over the years (wiring diagram PDFs, trunk board templates, etc) that I've never really gotten around to doing because all of my free time gets eaten up wrenching on the car. I will get to these things eventually, but right now I'm just trying to get this thing finished.

May I ask where you got that airdam? Would it be practical to somehow permanently attach it to the car? I'm trying to not have screw/bolts showing on my car.

That airdam is a vintage Kamei I got as a Christmas present back in 2000. I have no idea where it came from but it was a NOS piece from the late 70's. I know there is someone on the board who sells reproductions with a larger and reinforced mounting lip.

I didn't go with a fully smoothed in airdam because of the likelihood of it cracking over time. I know some people have done this mod in the past, but for my purposes I like the screws better. It also allows me to remove the bumper (it takes a while, but it can be done) if ever I need to.

SIG4.jpg

May I ask where you got that airdam? Would it be practical to somehow permanently attach it to the car? I'm trying to not have screw/bolts showing on my car.

thanks,

Ken

I have the same airdam but attached the way you're asking. It's pretty trick, but the PO had it done, so I'm not sure exactly what's involved. Email me if you have further questions. mrnvgtr@cfl.rr.com

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot

Fogs are Hella 500s - easy to find, and pretty cheap too.

My car is a model year 76 built in '75, so it originally had the huge square US bumpers on it. Since I deleted those, I built a set of brackets that mount to a pre-existing bumper bracket. Specifically, the square rubber boot that surrounded the bumper shock in the frame rail. There was originally a plate there that kept tension on this rubber block, and thats where these brackets go:

Foglight_Bracket.jpg

Foglight_Mounted_02.jpg

SIG4.jpg