• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My "Rolling (someday) Resto" 1967 1600

PSloan

Nice to see some progress pat. Did you buy it out of that car or is that the one you showed me off ebay?

When do you plan to pull the old engine?

single barell solex on that 1600 engine?

1985 e28 w/LS1/t56 and a bit more...

1970 2002 w/ m42 swap

-Contact me for m42 mounts or e28 ls1 mounts-

www.classicdaily.net

It's the ebay motor - but only after discussing it's history did I finally realize what it was!. I got a hell of a bargain. I'm going to pull the old motor soon and I guess give it away or scrap it. I've got a new generator coming as well. I'm going to clean up the engine bay and start restoring parts before re-assembly. This new motor will probably be on a block stand for a while as I clean everything up.

I guess I had better buying front suspension parts!

Oh, and I have a line on a REALLY nice tobacco 1600 interior, too.

And yes, it looks like I'll be running single barrel unless something awesome happens.

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ran a leakdown on the motor that's on the stand. Good on all 4 cylinders. I also pulled up the tar on the driver's rear floor and under the rear seat on both sides. No rust to speak of - just come scale.

The best news - I picked up a complete black interior from a 76 to run while I gather/restore the 67 interior. It has some weird integra front seats though - but they look comfy.

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

• 3 months later...

I want to let everyone know how hard it is to stay true to keeping this car 100% stock. I'm flirting with the idea of 320i brakes - but that's in my and the cars best interest I believe.

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

• 2 weeks later...