• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1976 02: Shakes violently at 800rpm idle

ramayah

Have not seen it mentioned yet, but did you check the "Idle cut-off solenoid" ?? Sometimes the wire comes off, and it really screws up the idle. It is designed to prevent "dieseling" when you turn off the car. It is screwed into the engine side of the carb and looks like this part circled in red in this diagram. Click on the diagram, it will get bigger.

Good luck.

post-85-13667597162201_thumb.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Steve,

Thanks for this info. I'll look for it tomorrow.

The #1 plug doesn't seem to be firing properly. When I pull the plug out the engine runs the same without stumbling a bit as it should. I installed a brand new tube and changed the wire but it still vibrates like hell.

With the engine running I pulled the plug wire, held it near to a bolt and I can see sparks but the sparks don't look strong. Besides, it doesn't spark continuously. In other words, it misses.

The dwell is OK and the timing seems right: the ball is seen at the edge of the hole at 1400 rpm or so with the timing light.

All suggestions are appreciatively welcome.

Randy