• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Relative size of exhaust 'Resonators' aka middle muffler....

PeterVarga

Has anyone compared the sizes of the middle muffler for the 2002, 1600, and the 320i? I currently have a 320i resonator on my 2002 and think it is the wrong part. The parts dealer sent it when I requested a 2002 resonator and said it was the same....but the pipe diam and length of the unit is different. It fits alright but the sound is different than what I remember.

thanks JG....it has a smaller pipe diametr and is shorter than the 320 system. I guess that is an ANSA final Muffler same as mine. I remember a "bullet" shaped unit with rounded end caps at either end. Thought it may have been from a 1600. Thanks. ----- maybe the silver one shown in the photo is it with the rounding of the ends of the resonator section..... the catalog drawings always show flat ends....