• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restored Touring FAQ Debut

ascottbar

Love the carpet, is it german loop, square weave, where did you get the material? Hard to tell but the color looks like the same as my `69 which needs to be replaced. Thanks

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

Hi Scott,

I love the way your Touring turned out to be, details are very well choosen. love the color and how it is used in the interiour. I'm glad that there are some dutch parts in there. Hope to see you soon again.

Jeffrey

BMW 2002 Tii Touring 73

BMW 2002 Targa Cabriolet 73

BMW E28 528i Automatic 85

The carpet is German square weave that came from a place in Germany. Their website is www.cabrio.de There prices are on the expensive side, but they do a great job.

1973 2000 Touring "Lars"

1967 2000cs "Fritz"

1974 2002tii

1984 Euro 635csi

1999 M Coupe

As my Nevada 76 has been roomates with your car for about the same amount of time at Greg's, I'm glad to see him get credit. As Andy said (or didn't), Greg is more of a craftsman, than a mechanic. Or better an artist. One of the good guys, in a quiet way. My 3.0cs used to go to Korman, but Greg is the man. Glad you are finally on the road! Looks great! Where did you source the kick-panel fiber-glass for speakers? Subtle, but effective.

Dave V. in western NC

Thanks Dave! Your Nevada car looks great as well. Cant wait to see what you decide to do with the interior. I also like your campagnolo wheels. Those are some of my favorites. I got the kick panels off of ebay from a seller called 41willyscoupe . Look him up on ebay and send him a message. He does fiberglass work for all types of cars and motorcycles.

1973 2000 Touring "Lars"

1967 2000cs "Fritz"

1974 2002tii

1984 Euro 635csi

1999 M Coupe

• 2 weeks later...

Sahara has its appeal, but you're right, that looks fantastic in Taiga! Kudos to everyone involved. Brilliant execution of a well-conceived dream-car touring. (I'm pleased that it went from Sahara to Taiga -- not Inka -- which is cool, but it's EVERYbody's favorite.) Hope to see you and your touring one day. THE02GROUP is an amazing bunch, aren't they?? ENJOY!

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz