• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attention-All who purchased parts from Edward last week--

edward

Canada Post employees walked off the job this morning. Almost all items were shipped last week, and hopefully crossed the border already. There is no tracking available until this is resolved.

Apologies if delivery is longer than the 7-10 days promised. Blame our overpaid, underworked Public Service Union members.

thanks for the heads up.

no problem for me.

must be a canadian thing, cuz i am trying to purchase a couple bulky items from canada and am told that shipping by air is the ONLY method available. it adds an additional $100+ to the cost should i proceed.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Guest Anonymous

thanks for the heads up as stuff going into canada also crawls now.

"As long as the short-term disability program is on the table, we can't negotiate," said Mr. Des Lauriers. (union rep)

The current program allows for 15 days of paid sick leave and five days of family-related leave for each year an employee works at the company. The days can accumulate year after year, so the longer you work at the company, the more days you are able to accumulate.

The company is proposing a short-term disability program, which would reduce the number of paid leave days to seven per year, and after that would pay 70 per cent of an employee's salary for up to 30 weeks, regardless of how long they have worked for the company.

Canada Post general manager of total compensation Brad Smith said the new program aims to provide protection for all employees, regardless of how long they have worked for the company or how many sick days they have previously used.

"The program ensures that everyone is protected at a minimum for as long as the illness is in place and for each and every illness," he said.

Mr. Des Lauriers said the new program reduces the number of annual leave days available to an employee from 20 to seven, adding that some employees cannot afford to live on 70 per cent of their salary."

WOW... basically you get a MONTH of vacation.. Someone wants to shorten that but pay you 70% when your not there?? That's unfair? Oh the joys of unions..

Hi Edward, when I ship 2002 parts, it costs about 30% more in Canada that it would in the US. Don't get me wrong. The service is great, but the full month of paid sick days is an outrage and might explain the higher cost of shipping. I am totally in favor of unions fighting for their workers on serious injustices. Not having 20 paid sick days ain't an injustice.

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.