• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maybe found a roundie...Is it worth it?

Christen

I live close to this car and have looked it over. The mark on the hood, is a small dent 1/2 inch where it looks like someone closed the hood, while something was on the air cleaner, and a 3" scratch also on the hood. There are a couple very small bubbles, right where the roof line meets the upper quarter panel, and some bubbling and raising on the drivers side front fender 3 inches back from the drivers door..The underneath of this car amazing, No rust on the towers in the trunk at all. Floor boards, under the carpet are exellent both front and back, I only lifted the drivers side. Thats always the worst. No rust at all, not even dirty, interior is exellent,except for a couple cracks on the dash above the glove box. This car was always garage kept, and until recently at local shop, never was outside, The engine bay is dirty, not with grease, but with some of that preserve film, but will clean up with B-52 like showroom. This car was bought new here in wilkes-barre Pa, and is owned by the same owner, has sat in a dry garage for past several years, last inspected in 1990 I know these cars quite well, and IMO, this car is worth $6K-$7K of anyones money. Of course it'll need rear wheel cylinders, and the rubber brake hoses,,,I've already offered to repair the brakes for anyone, out there who may buy it. Its really a nice car. One other thing, we now have heard that it does not have the orginal engine.I've personally looked, and have found what seems to be a factory replacement engine, No VIN# on the motor. The head says "83", and its a "121" head. I don't know the owner,never met him. But I do know the shop that it was at, and without question, the finest anywhere in this area. By the way the car looks, and the way it has been taken care of, Neal Cook....your unbiased "02" guy, in the Pocono area

From the looks, it certainly seems worth well more than $3-4000. But I'd check it out really really well before paying $8000. The big question is whether it's rust free. It's not a california car, so it's likely to have seen some salt. Check it out very carefully and by all means get it running first. If it checks out, it may be worth the money. Have you seen a better one for $8k? That's ultimately what determines the value.

John Capoccia

Sierra Madre, CA