• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Breaking up is hard to do...

dubois

Today was a strange day. I am supposed to feel sad, but I am not. The Alpina is going to a new home, in Virginia. I am actually excited for the new owner and looking forward to his comments on the first drive. We have been communicating extensively for about two or three weeks now, and I just couldn’t be happier on how the transaction took place.

Long ago when I embarked on this journey, I envisioned selling the car eventually. The time came and taking the first step was the hardest: I had to become emotionally detached - but you can see how well I accomplished that…it is not easy to let go. I dreamed to pass it on to a true enthusiast, somebody that would take care of it, take it to the next level, love it and, foremost, drive it! I found that person.

I am trying to convince him to take it to the next V&V - you East Coast guys may get a treat. I may be even go and check it out myself!

Hosting provided by FotoTime

FAQ Member # 91

Darn Michael,

I know you are sad Tell the new owner we will treat him right, and drive the wheels off his car in the mountains of Va/NC Hope he joins in the fun, will be great to see the legend in person And hope you can make it to Vintage next year Was not going to bring the panel truck but if you come I will get it over there for sure so you can take it for a spin. Or fly into Raleigh and I will lend you a car to drive :)

Cheers

Michael: best wishes to you as you adjust :( -- and cheers to the new owner. I had the priviledge of driving the Alpina in Sept. when my wife & I flew out to Carmel to visit family. It is an extraordinary '02. (but Bacchus is mighty cool as well)

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

The Commonwealth is better to have The Alpina here. It is a truly amazing car and hope to ride in it again.

I heard you were selling one of the cars, did not know which one, that is the reason I asked you where Bacchus was the other day.

Take care Michael!

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

The silver Alpina is still my favorite as well, a unique combination of functionality, style and history that can't be replicated. I won't forget the first time I drove it. I know it will be taken care of in the east.

The legacy lives on - none of us truly own these cars we are all just keepers of the flame for a portion of time...

Thanks for sharing Michael!

-Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

Michael,

Congrats on the sale, just goes to show the cream of the cars are always recession-proof. I know how you feel, that's why I sold my tii as soon as I could after restoring it, I didn't want to get attached. There will be other projects for all of us....hope you and Laura are great and business is holding its own. See you guys soon.....

Jeff

Stay tuned for more of SoCal Vintage BMW
http://www.SoCalVintageBMW.com
BMW CCA Member #423513